Show & Tell 2 . . . . | Page 55 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Show & Tell 2 . . . .

Discussion in 'Lures' started by {name}, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Trout

Despite asking a million questions about a Rarenium recently, when I came to buy one the other day I mis read the price and I really could not justifiy the amount on the reel so I had a bit of a rethink, another factor was the horror sotires i heard re corrosion and they had to be carressed and washed after every trip, not a trat I possess.

I also contacted my fishy consultants Neil and Keir, Keir told me about his new purchase a Aernos 2500 or 3000 cant remember, which I liked the look of but decided to go for the 4000, also got a spool of Shimano pink backing (may give that to Neil !!) a spool of Shimano mono which I am sure I can use some where and a 200 m spool of braid no name but green .15 Dyneema.

6427d09f.jpg

139c7666.jpg

2. Salmon

A few belated gifts from a good friend (with excellent taste in plugs)
    [​IMG]
    Daiwa X-Cross95 in ghost
    Daiwa R40+SSR in AYU (be still my beating heart!!-Going to fubar the bass with this one)
    Tacklehouse Morkyn one of the cleverest plugs I have yet found, part pencil,part topwater, part I motion lure.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Striper

New light game rod - Daiko Spear 60th Anniversary Blue Label SRS832L (8'3 2-14g). Going to be used mainly for small hard plastics. Really stunning rod in the flesh, translucent dark blue finish over the carbon weave. Matches the Certate colour well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. Chub

Nice looking rod....lovely looking mark!

5. Mackerel

That is a sexy rod... Nice photos.. Pleased you like it :)

6. Snapper

Paul, Now that is nice!! Certate looks very kool on it to boot!

Nice hard baits to Dave! Did you have to order those from abroad? Lovin the Morkyn, must get me one of those.

7. Salmon

Lee,
    pretty sure the Morkyn, got shipped into the UK. But you should be able to order them through any Ultimate Fishing Dealer (if you beg enough;-) )

• Like Like x 1
  8. Guest

Dave , some quality lure choices there sir and Paul a nice looking set up - top purchase's :)

9. Salmon

Nice lures Dave, lovely rod Paul. Were you stuck on Pugh Island when you took those pics?

10. Striper

Nah, that's the estuary just down the road from me, approaching low tide. Wanted to see how the rod cast different small lures. Very pleased so far!

11. Chub

just a couple of bits and bobs from the last week

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snapper

Nice kit Gav. Those Mitchel reels do look well sweet, what size is that mate?

13. Chub

its the 2000 lee very heavy at 265 grams lol very nice reel for the price as well

14. Pollock

Some More Pencils

After having a test with the Storm Flutter stick a couple of weeks ago I was that impressed with the way it looks and behaves I decided to buy a couple more in different coloures to try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I found when testing the lure was that with a slow retrieve you can make the lure work sub surface (ideal over shallow Kelp beds) with the rod tip held up high and it creates a nice wake ,the lure moves with an enticing action but it does not stop there, it is a very versatile lure, you can get it to work at any depth if you allow it to sink to the desired level ,something else I like about the lure is that it actually does “flutter” down horizontally when using a sink and draw retrieve this is something that some other pencils I have don’t do and fall down tail first which seems un natural to me .

Gary

• Like Like x 5
  15. Guest

A quick visit into the Art of fishing today under the watchful eye of the wife, knowing the lure that I was going to buy beforehand so no impulse buying and spookily Marq has the exact lure and pattern in his hand as we walk in and proceeds to tell me its the last one and he's having it :muttley: Love the humour as much as I love my new lure . Thanks chaps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Sausage!

storm fluttersticks are great little lures and cheap to gary good choice

17. Pollock 2016 Bass Challenge Winner

My favourite lure from last year Craig, i have 3 nice new ones in the shed.:-D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tarpon

Picked up these last weekend from a local tackle shop. They've just been launched over here. Very similar to the Keitech Easy Shiner I reckon, but a bit cheaper . . . .

[​IMG]

I reckon that both Wrasse & Bass are gonna munch these very happily :D.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Sausage!

were from simon they look tremendous fella

20. Tarpon

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier remark :ugeek: ......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.