Show & Tell . . . . | Page 4 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Show & Tell . . . .

Discussion in 'Lures' started by {name}, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perch

Henry, Ben.... Especially Ben!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Striper

I know Bob, it's just so so so ahhhhhhhh. I've called mine Jiz.

3. Striper

Sorry can't help it, here's another pic

[​IMG]

and another creature for use on toothy critters

[​IMG]

4. Striper

There's a Daiwa Morethan X-Cross 120 SSR & a Zip Baits ZBL System Minnow 139F in there, working on the others ;)

5. TLF Admin Staff Member

My missus just walked over and read your post. You can probably imagine what she had to say!!!

6. Striper

Good work Andy!

Vidar will be able to tell you about the small one. It's bendy! ;-)

7. Striper

Ima-ams Ko130, 2 to go

8. Striper

Yep. This is the sinking version. The eye gave that one away especially ;-)

9. Salmon

Crikey moses, you chaps know some stuff about plugs...
    [​IMG]

10. Guest

Soft plastic prawn - Rockfishing Beam Shrimp

Small but sexy.....

[​IMG]

And it has a tiny pocket in the tail that will come in handy ;-).

[​IMG]

The bumph says it slides and is made with biodegarable plastic laced with amino acids. Just over 1.5". Apparently the antennae and mock claws can be trimmed to finesse its swimming action :geek:. I reckon it will work under the lights at night and almost anywhere in daylight.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Striper

Very nice Pauly!!

Is it one of the Daiwa ones that you can insert the jighead in to?

12. Guest

Yes Ben. Or some Nitro Boost maybe?

13. Striper

Wow !

They look the Boll*x

I can't wait to see the rest.

14. Perch

I was going to ask if anyone had any new softies - so the answer is yes then!

Anyone else??

15. Striper

There's a load of really small stuff floating around at the moment Julian, but bass wise... Sebile Magic Swimmer Soft's? Should catch a few this year.

And a little Megabass jighead.

sebile..jpg

16. Pollock

You guys have it dead easy only being addicted to the purchase and collection shiny lures. Spare a thought for me that in addition to the lure addiction suffers from severe and incurable rod and reel (high-end expensive Japanese stuff I might add) compulsive collection disorder.

Here is a tiny fraction of the rods and reels I use for freshwater fishing, and from left to right you are looking at:

Megabass F6-68X Rekkai rod that is fitted with a customised Daiwa TD-Z Big Bait Special reel filled with 30Ib Power Pro. I use this combo for jigs (shads, grubs and twin-tails) between 1 and 1.5oz. It also double up as my micro jerkbait outfit.

Olympic Graphiteleader Vigore GVIC-70XH rod that is fitted with a customised Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z 203 reel filled with 50Ib Power Pro. I use this combo for crankbaits, spinnerbaits and soft plastics (Spring Dawgs and 6” Replicant style lures) between 1.5 and 2.5oz. The combo also doubles up a hand-held trolling outfit.

Dobyns Champion 806H Swimbait rod that is fitted with a customised Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z 253 reel filled with 80Ib Power Pro. I use this combo for heavy soft plastics (Dawgs and 8 to 10” Replicant style lures) and swimbaits up to 6oz.

Daiwa Ardito Ti 721HRB rod that is fitted with a customised Shimano Conquest 201 reel filled with 40Ib Power Pro. I use this combo for crankbaits and top-water lures between 1 and 2oz. The combo also doubles up a hand-held trolling outfit.

Megabass Super Destroyer F7-69DG Mephisto rod fitted with a customised Daiwa Millionaire CV-Z reel filled with 65Ib Power pro. I use this combo exclusively for jerk and pull baits between 2 and 4oz. It is a great tragedy this particular rod has been discontinued by Megabass, and every time I use it my heart is in my mouth from fear of breaking it. It is simply the best jerkbait rod I have ever laid my hands on, and believe you me I have tried a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally here you have a Vagabond Action Rod A/F 210X 662 Zara Spook Special classic top-water rod fitted with a totally unique and one-of-a-kind Abu Ambassdeur 1601C12 IAR, built to my specifications by Ulf Tingstrom of UT Reel Technologies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Striper

God help the rest of us Vidar. You're just a fine example of what awaits me in the future I think :-o

Next rod, Daiwa Ardito.

18. Tarpon

Yep, loads - just gotta figure-out how the hell to use them now :stupid::rofl:!!

I'll take some pics of the ones i think look sexiest !!

Paul B: That shrimp is amazing !!!!

Vidar: You are beyond help i'm afraid !!

19. Guest

Vidar,

Please stop showing pictures of the Megabass Super Destroyer F7-69DG Mephisto. It just not cricket (or whatever the Norwegian equivalent is)!

20. Striper

Good job you live so far away mate, imagine the trouble I have every time I go round. I will say though that vagabond is the most stunning rod I have ever seen, just for it's retro looks. The megabass roads too are stunning but that one rod is so so so different it's an absolute treat.

Here's another sexy lure to try out (just for you Ben)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.