The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
coming from a carping background i l know only too well about carrying loads of unnecessary crap every where i go also i'm very aware of shiny new toys that wink at you from the shelves on the tackle shop or jump out at you from the computer screen just a click on the mouse away from living in my fishing bag not wanting to go down that road with my lure fishing i'm looking for some local advice on lures that people have had result on it my area i have as follows in my collection
yo zuri mag popper (sand eel)
chug bug
skitter walk
angel kiss (mackerel)
maria chase (holo silver)
pack 6" sidewinders pearl
pack of 4" sidewinders rhubarb custard
tobys/dexters

any recommendations would be great but i'm sure one or to will catch my eye you know how it is

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
I am not in your area, but here's three popular hard lures which will cover you from surface to about 6ft that you can look into, and will give you a good basis to make future choices:-

Xorus Patchinko 11 (Yellow or Silver Black)
Tackle House Feed Shallow (Mullet #11 or Ayu #8)
Megabass Zonk (GG Iwashi or GG Akakin)

Then you have all the Soft Plastics to consider!

Get the credit card ready, and give **** a call for some advice.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hi cojo Can tell you what works South Cornwall Your Mag popper is excellent Feed Shallow colour AYU Tide minnow AL 104 double check with **** Think that is the code Rapala Max Rap AYU Patchinko Yellow back white belly Have a blast

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Hi Cojo
Try the S/Ps. Xlayers are great. went out last night caught nil on plugs changed over to S/Ps and had 5 bass and 3 wrasse in on hour.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi, been fishing in south devon a lot recently and as a newbie to plugs i've had a fair amount of success with:

Megabass zonk 120 - inakko and akakin
Megabass x-120 sw - hama shirasu
IMA sasuke 140s (sinking) - graduated holographic
O.S.P Rudra 130mm - Tasty shad

also both giant and original xlayers ayu and shrimp & minnow.
originals rigged with the Bachhead sv-67 7g and giants with 11-13g xorus carolina heads

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for your advice chaps
i've been reading a but zonk's is that the one with the hinged bib gataride
i've got a few on my wish list zonk's ,patchinko,feed shallow,tide duo etc but i'd thought i'd ask for a bit of local knowledge before parting with my hard earned cash

1 - 7 of 7 Posts