The Lure Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was up at 2.30 am, ready for an assault on a brand new mark.Harry arrived(LF member ready for his first north wales plugging trip).Picked up another mate further along the coast only to get to the new mark for him to say..i havnt bothered with waders.So he sat there for about half an hour *** in mouth realizing he couldnt get amongst the gullies,drop offs etc. I had to bite my lip and ask him does he want to move to more of a cushy mark.Then it was a race over to plan B before the sun came up.Got there to find lovely fizzy water with good clarity.After about an hour of fishing shallow divers in the gullies i swapped to the zonk.....first cast bang...nice pollock.Then a bit later casted straight across to the opposite rock finger and whollop....lovely little bass just under 3lb.As the tide ebbed i scrambled over to a sheltered bay where i thought the bass might be pulling out of.Clipped on the yellow patchinko and bang another fish that put a bend into the rookie but also had other ideas and shook out the hook.5 mins later another bass to the patchinko static but also missed.Then i heard a shout that Harry had taken a fall,jonesy got to him first and pulled him out of a hole, by the time i got there he was standing up ..a bit shaken and a mashed up wrist with a brand new quantum energy in four pieces DOH!Anyway that was it for today..look forward to next time.Fairplay to harry hes a tough old bugger and still had a smile on his face,...get better fella and wash that claret off ya chesties.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Quite an adventure this morning then Daz !!!! I hope Harry is ok (gotta watch them holes :eek:) :?:

Well done on getting in amongst the fish Daz - your Bumble form continues ;).

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done Daz, great report and some nice fish :-D

·
Registered
363 Posts
Fair play mate, well done on the fish shame a few managed to escape. Hope Harry is recovering well and not too badly damaged.

Did Harry have studs on his boots? that green stuff in the fish pick is deadly without them. I have been using studs and not had a problem but a mate has gone arse over tit a few times luckily not destructively and has now taken the plunge ( financially ) and got a pair of studded wading boots. If u take malc`s (ABC Tackle) advice and wear "trainers" with your waders I rekon something will snap (bone/carbon based).

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Sorry to hear about Harry Daz... hope he's okay mate...

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill pass ya regards onto harry guys.....that bass hit the zonk hard.It was only the head and bib of the lure that was sticking out his mouth,hed almost engulfed the lot.The yellow patchinko was instantly effective and will be used often this year.cheers daz

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
You gone barbless Daz?? or did you have trouble getting the hooks out?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Havent gone barbless yet trev but will be crushing barbs over the next few days.The lure came out ok to be honest matey,.Spent more time getting the lure out of the net.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Well done Daz on catching, hope Harry is ok now........there are many dangers out there when fishing rock marks.....shame about his rod as well especially first time out with it !!! ..12th blank in a row for me today....hey ho

·
Registered
184 Posts
wading dangers!

Well done Daz, lovely looking fish.

Re Trevor's comment about wading dangers, wading a rocky/boulder strewn salmon river can be dangerous, but is probably childsplay compared to fishing a rocky mark with a strong swell.

I'm a fairly cautious wader and always use a decent wading staff (a Sharpes, one you can lean on) when wading unknown rivers. Can't say I've seen photos of sea anglers wearing self inflating life jackets when wading? The best wading boots give good ankle support, and I've always found felt soles with added studs to be the best bet on rock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts