The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys does anybody know where i can buy simms freestone studded wading boots.i can only find felt only,cheers daz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
worth a thought bud....ill keep on lookin see what i find.might just settle for greys plat.cheers daz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
Got mine from Fishtec, Find them very good and very comfortable, as you might have read elsewhere I have the felt soles and added the carbide studs, seem to work well. I didnt look at many others though as I was trying them on in the outlet shop and they didnt have a lot without going silly on price in a size 13.
http://www.fishtec.co.uk/productdetaili ... /yes/41486
I find its best to phone them and get advice if you cant get there in person, you can also haggle a bit. Also when buying them to fit over neoprene sock waders you need a size larger than your normal shoe size with the Simms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,218 Posts
mosseydog said:
Also when buying them to fit over neoprene sock waders you need a size larger than your normal shoe size with the Simms.
You sure on this Andy, I thought wading boots were sized to suit a neoprene sock.......if you have this type wader, order your normal size in the wading boot.....if you have 'boot attached' waders......your already wearing them :roll: Or is this something personal to Simms wading boots?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
659 Posts
softie said:
mosseydog said:
Also when buying them to fit over neoprene sock waders you need a size larger than your normal shoe size with the Simms.
You sure on this Andy, I thought wading boots were sized to suit a neoprene sock.......if you have this type wader, order your normal size in the wading boot.....if you have 'boot attached' waders......your already wearing them :roll: Or is this something personal to Simms wading boots?
Hello Si', the ones i'm ordering, say to order one size larger than your usual shoe / boot size..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
softie said:
You sure on this Andy, I thought wading boots were sized to suit a neoprene sock.......if you have this type wader, order your normal size in the wading boot.....if you have 'boot attached' waders......your already wearing them :roll: Or is this something personal to Simms wading boots?
Hi Si, just going on my limited experience, I went over to the outet shop in Brecon, found a great deal on my airflow waders, and needed boots that would fit over the neoprene sock ends. I normally take a size 12, tried the airflow 12s and couldnt get them on, the only size 13 boots in budget were those Simms and they fit me perfectly. I remember the assistant saying that the different makes do vary, but for me defo one size up in the Simms. That is the beauty of going to the shop so you can mix and match to get the best fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Makes vary for size no matter what clothing you buy so it's always worth trying before you buy the biggest mistake i made was buying a pair of waders online those of you that know me now i'm not the biggest out there but i take a size 9/10 shoe depending on the make these waders arrived and i tried them on the feet fitted but the wader part came over my head i could have used them as a sleeping bag
you have been warned try before you buy dai
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
792 Posts
did anyone try them Magnum Boots they wear at the US Army? Mustnt be the "Desert Storm" Type, normaly have got the black ones for my trips on the Speed Triple...

Cheers
Thomas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
DocSchokow said:
did anyone try them Magnum Boots they wear at the US Army? Mustnt be the "Desert Storm" Type, normaly have got the black ones for my trips on the Speed Triple...

Cheers
Thomas
I did buy a pair fell apart quite quickly however i have a pair of the desert ones and they are standing up well
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
DocSchokow said:
did anyone try them Magnum Boots they wear at the US Army? Mustnt be the "Desert Storm" Type, normaly have got the black ones for my trips on the Speed Triple...

Cheers
Thomas
I'm issued and wear the Magnum patrol boots at work, very comfy once worn in but find the soles slip very easily on "Slippery" surfaces. I wouldnt want to be waring them walking over wet rocks.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
792 Posts
good, so I will not try that ...

Will try me these this weekend: Bite Primal Flats Wading Shoes Boots (e..y 110408567188) and see how they feel on my feet.

And the tackle shop has the Bison breathable chest waders in stock. Will try these, too.

Cheers
Thomas
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top