The Lure Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Destined to become a much bigger part of our armoury, but how do you fish yours?

Ok, so you arrive at your mark, it's a flooding tide with an hour or 2 before high. Do you cast, count down a few seconds, twitch, reel a few turns and repeat? Do this again but slowly working the column to hopefully find the fish? Sink and draw all the way back to your feet? Cast, twitch, sink, twitch, reel hard for a few turns, twitch, sink etc? Do any of you actually let a plug (hard plastic) hit the bottom before reeling in?

Is it a mix of the above or do you have a killer technique you can share :wink: ?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I agree mate, distance and also depths covered are two of the main reasons and from my limited experience from last year a lot of takes come on the drop, but I was wondering if many on here work sinking plugs a lot more than I do or simply sink and draw with the odd twitch?

Any tips guys?

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you say "Rip em" are you talking about reeling them in fast or jerking them hard to the side/up/downwards, Keith?

Are you saying that you are reasonably aggressive with sinking lures mate?

p.s anyone else watch The End of the Line of Channel 4 now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.