The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading the articles about sinking lures i succumbed and bought a Jackson Artist FR105 To be honest i bought it at the tail end of the summer with 2 specific spots in mind Ben at The Art Of Fishing helped me wade through rows of shiny lures and reccomended it
Yesterday was near perfect After a brief phone call a lot of deliberation i found myself clipping on said lure for its 2nd outing 5 casts later 3.5lb Bass Chuffed i was All i did was allow the lure to sink Then rip it fast bringing the lure towards the surface from depth and stop allowing the lure to sink once more When the take came it was violent The fish hit as the lure sank back down i hadnt even had time to take in the slack line so it was a shock to watch the line suddenly go tight and feel the blow of the fish hitting
A friend took some pics so hopefully i will put one up later Oddly he took a Bass just before i arrived using a sinking lure Actually not so odd because reading his article inspired me to try the method

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one Marq,
The Jackson Artist 105 (and the 80) are great lures (I succumb easier than you do!) Definately getting to the time of year where sinking lures can make the difference between success and the dreaded blank.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Very nice report there Marq :clap: :clap:, & well done on a very nice Shirley :D.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
The fish hit as the lure sank back down i hadnt even had time to take in the slack line so it was a shock to watch the line suddenly go tight and feel the blow of the fish hitting
Great isn't it.
Well done.
When you practice alot you won't need the line to go tight. You'll see it move or, you'll just develop a knack for detecting on the drop takes on plugs.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Nice one Marq. Most of my recent Bass have come on a sinking Athlete. Think that they're a perfect lure for the Surf conditions at whitsands.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Excellent picture mate. That would be going up on my wall :) That fish looks bigger than 3.5lb as well......you must have long arms:-D

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Very nice Marq! Liked the picture and report on your friends blog too!!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Yeh, a handy friend to have around when you've got a nice Shirley that requires pics ;).

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys Special thanks to Henry for the pic and inspiration to try sinking lures in the first place and Ben for managing to sell me another sinking lure which arrived today Jackson Athelete Cant wait to take this one swimming

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Thanks guys Special thanks to Henry for the pic and inspiration to try sinking lures in the first place and Ben for managing to sell me another sinking lure which arrived today Jackson Athelete Cant wait to take this one swimming
Which colour? Candy??? :)

·
Registered
716 Posts
That 12mm sinking Jackson Athlete in the candy colour is lethal, but a mate of mine kind of cracked mine off over in Ireland the other day - but at least he caught fish on it beforehand !!

I have a lot to learn about Jackson lures, but the Athlete range seem to cast like bullets.

No worries about the photo Mark, nice one on the fish. Kind of you to say that about your "inspiration" for trying the sinking lures, but please believe that lots of guys out there are most likely unknowingly the inspiration for me trying them out myself. It all kind of swings in roundabouts. Will do my best to try and get out again with you this week, but first and foremost I have to clear a bunch of work for Issue 3 of Adventure Fishing. Deadlines........

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
nice fish and pic. I'll have to get myself some of those Jackson lures. Now, do they come in aka kin?
They do mate :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts