The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of having another go at slade soon, i had a crack at it a couple of weeks ago for the first time without any joy, the weather then was wet and windy but hopefully will be better this weekend. I used a small sp on a light jig head maybe hoping for a stripy around the shallows then walked around the margins casting a plug around, but nothing much happening. I did spot a small jack laying up in the shallows when i arrived but by the time i got my rod set up and started casting he had gone. I got myself some better pike plugs (shad raps) this week, so keen to give them a thrashing. Do any of you have any ideas that might help me in my quest for a slade double.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Iestyn, Vidar, Mike K etc etc should be able to help here Toby but it will probably only be general piking help because I dont know if any of those guys have fished Slade.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Hi mate have not fished Slade myself and could probably suggest more methods than you would actually get time to try!!! lol. If you can advise on the venue, features, ground fished over, gravel pit, natural or man made lake etc, I could probably be able to be more specific with a few techniques/tactics!! what sort of size are the pike? what baitfish are in there etc?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts