The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont mind admitting to the occasional visit to the Feather chuckers mecca at Slapton Sands My better half loves Mackeral Also gives me a good excuse to explore other spots in the area So here she is with her catch She even cleaned them herself Saved me from getting my hands dirty

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Can't knock a few mackies. Best I have had at Slapton is a few gars on sp's - pity about the trawling as it should be a good venue. For bass Hallsands is a better bet.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Grilled Mackerel for tea nothing better. Have fished Slapton many time over the years mainly during the witer months for the codling whiting etc. Hooked into something there once that stripped an abu 7000 of all line, just could not stop it or turn its head at all. Always wished i could at least have seen what it was.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hooked into something there once that stripped an abu 7000 of all line, just could not stop it or turn its head at all. Always wished i could at least have seen what it was.
Afore mentioned trawler perhaps lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Went out lastnight myself, and all i caught was a mackeral, that is now in my fridge awaiting for me to put him on the grill yum yum!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Went to slapton a few weeks ago with the family. Started in front of the flagpoles and had a great time catching some maccies with a dexter wedge-they would only take it on the drop though. Let my eight-year old have a go and watched the mackeral do thier best to pull him in!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts