The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quickie as am knackered!!
Managed to get out in the yak for the afternoon.
After last weekends fish I had high hopes..

Well, after 4 hours with barely any tide run to get the fish feeding I had just two starfish to show for my efforts. (one on a fin-s fish and one on a french silver x-layer - for those who like that sort of info.) :geek:

By this time was pretty bored to be honest and thought I would try one more mark where there just might be a bit of tide to work with for half an hour.

45 mins later - not a sniff.

Now very bored.

Carried on anyway as I really don't like blanking and after probably a hundred more casts eventually I had a bump..

Managed to land this... just... Stripped line repeatedly against a tight drag and 30/30lb braid/flouro and really put on a show.

3lb 12oz

Taken on a slow bumped x-layer shrimp and minnow and 5g head.

One of the hardest days fishing I have had for a long time, tried everything from dropshot to feeds in all my favourite spots, really didn't think I was gonna get one.

Two very good anglers I know where out today and burned a lot of fuel looking for them and they didn't have a sniff so very glad I managed to winkle one out at the death!

Saw a lot of terns working bait and my mate tells me they saw a fair bit on the sounder so shouldn't be long now till we can all really get stuck in up this way!
I also saw a few pods of squid eggs so may have to get a bit egi in the morning to try for my first squid, got some reading to do now, off to the egi section I think!

Cheers everyone and thanks for all your comments on the last thread.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Isidore!! Good to see you're getting in to a few now! Good effort today!!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beach,
REALLY well done on the bass mate, nice fish!!! especially good to see an east sussex bass. I have almost forgotten what they look like.
Good to know things are slowly getting started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts