The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fishing seems to have started to slow down very quickly for me now, blanks, biteless sessions and those with just a peck or 2 and maybe a fish.

yesterday was nothing different to that, and nor was today...

yesterday was a go for a bass where I had been told they were, though I couldn't get to the same rock I figured they should be in the general area so I had a go with a sidewinder and some plugs with no joy so I switched to some shaky senko stuff.

Had a few knocks shaky style and I felt that one of them might have been a billy, short sharp but powerful whack and nothing else. Wrasse tend to come back for another go, or at least rattle on the bite.

Shaky was just not doing it so I switched back to my normal slow retreive bumping the rocks with the odd short pause and twitch twitch.

Whallop in close and screaming reels :)

13novWrasse.JPG

Another dark mottled blotchy fish, but the ground it was caught on is odd boulders, gravelly sandy bottom with patches of vraic etc all over the place (hence my idea of shaking it in the clear to start off with).

gave me a real scrap and punched well above his size which at a guesstimate was maybe scraping 3lb.

last night was a b**t session which turned out just as productive as my lure bass trips lately. nada. Nearly had one, and I feel it was a biggy the way it played with half a spider peeler on a pair of 8/0s (about 6 x 4 inches in size) for a good 5 minutes before moving off but I stuck maybe a bit early as after a few very nice feeling thumps it was gone. Bummer. Need more patience...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't remember Keith, might have been bass pro. it's a "Yum" branded one. Very heavy salt content and covered in salt in the packet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts