slug-go hook size info plz | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

slug-go hook size info plz

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Chub

hi ladds after some advice....justv got my slug-go through post today???? question is
    what size weedless hook do i use? slug-go ive purchesd, are, 6'' long ive got some 3/0 hooks or would i need to use something like a 4/0 any advice or help would be greatfull thanx paul;-)

2. Plastic Fantastic

Paul you will need the 4/0 hooks and I would stick with the Texposer ones even though they are probably not the strongest...

The hook profile allows you to rig the slug 'poker straight' which is what you want with these.

3. Perch

• Like Like x 5
  4. Chub

heres a exsample its a rough exsample pic shows im, using a 3/0 size hook with a bead ans a bomb weight to get it down to the bottom quicker. can i just use this rig up like this rather using a texas rig ladds

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      7.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      6.2 KB
      Views:
  5. Plastic Fantastic

For me the best way is as I said with the Texposer in #4/0,,,rig it straight and then if you want added weight to get it down then use the belly weights that you can get that are designed for the hooks.
    If you have all that weight just on the front you will be slightly ruining the design of the lure,far better to have the weight on the very long hook shank of the texposer hook.
    That is why they designed the belly weights to be under rather than in front of the straight lure.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Banned

[I[/I]As Nick has said top advice...

7. Chub

ive justv orderdv some of these for exsrta weight

Attached Files:

8. Chub

Cheers nick for info!!!!just orderd some 4/0 texposer

9. Striper

nick is bang on but i have found the a 5/0 will give you more and better hook ups, that is weightless though. matt hooper is the slug master, he will put you straight

10. Snapper

Yep Matt is the slug master, I'd say 3/0s are a tiny bit small, 4/0 at least and Matt suggested 5/0's Texposers for six inchers so thats what I use now, the cone weights work for me when fishing slug gills (half a 6" slug welded to the tail of a redgill) I use 7, 10 or 14g depending on how far I want to cast them, I think your slugs might be a tiny bit bent maybe?

11. Sprat

12. Chub