The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Now THAT looks useful! Can imagine multiple XLayers being saved on something like that - on days when you're catching plenty and the bait takes a beating.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Very handy - cheers, Tim. You must have too much time on your hands to find all this stuff!

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very handy - cheers, Tim. You must have too much time on your hands to find all this stuff!
On my days off after the day shift Tim, I've been off since Friday eve, start again at midnight tonight. BOO!!!. I was going to go for a chuck this afternoon, but went down to The Sound and there were 150 filmcrew wandering around - there's 2 films going on at the mo on the island. They were all over my mark and it was blowing an absolute hooley. I turned round and went home.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Thanks for that Tim.......

Just need to buy some shark hooks and 12" sluggo's to use.....;-);-)

·
Registered
363 Posts
springs out of retractable biros is all i can think of right now...

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just used a few out of my mate's box of odds and sods. He's into fixing bikes (motor and pedal) and cars and has a tin of bits, I just grabbed a few, they really don't have to be heavy as a clothes peg spring as they're made of spring steel. One 1" when it's stretched (they stretch a hell of a way) will make 5 or 6 easy. I reckon a biro spring might do 4 or so, but they are a smaller diameter so would be more suitable for jelly worms and the like. I'm thinking a 7mm/1/4 in. spring would be right for xlayers. You should be able to get them from any motor factor.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Jon Bunyard said:
Any ideas for suitable springs?
How about these Jon.......

Bought these from Aldi'sor Lydl a few years ago. One of those "Just in case" buys and they have helped me out a couple of times but now I just wonder how long will they last. They were only £3.99 if I remember rightly.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ideal Trev!!! :D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Just opened one of the tightly compressed springs and can get 6 or 7 rig lengths from one stretched out spring. All different diameters as well 4 mm to 10 mm. Just shows sometimes the "may come in handy" buys do work out....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts