The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Fishing lately I have not had a fish on a lure bigger than 105mm. Tried 120's and nothing, put on a 105 and fish on.

So the fish want smaller lures.

Can people recommend some smaller hard lures which might fit the bill? I had a Baby Feed shallow which I have had a few on (it out in the atlantic somewhere now), the IMA Sasuke 105 I still have but it's already looking beat up from the ground I am fishing. The baby Patchinko cast really well without line attached to it last night...

I have a tide minnow 75CD but reluctant to use it in the rough as it's deeper diving.

This is getting expensive!! Cheaper options always welcomed to have a go with. Just ordered a couple of Dexter Darters off veals but they have a very limited range of shallow divers.

Come on guys... What do I NEED to have...

I have tons of larger lures so there may be some swapsies available... Got to use what the fish want...

Where's my poor bank manager...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
OSP Asura,
Megabass Edonis,
Jackson Artist80,
Ima Sasuke 95,
Diawa Morethan X-Cross 95 (really useful very shallow runner)
Dice BayCrap90 (Another very shallow and good casting lure-with a totally different action to the above)
(And I wish I could get my hands on a couple of Diawa Shoreline Shiner Slim 105's)
Andy,
Like you it has been the small lures that have been getting all my bass. I have had one on a SLD-F 125 about a week ago and one today on a Megabass X-120. So maybe things are changing.
I have been catching on the above lures (exsept the X-Cross, A mate hooked up on this, this morning) in the last coupe of weeks-before that it was the patchinko100 every time. Bass here just keep hammering the smelt (today) and baby mullet. Translucent (spelling?) colours have been the best, brown and olive backs seem to an edge over black or blue backs. The takes have be savage though, especially this morning. Slower retrieves have been doing it over here in Sussex. Currently thinking about setting up a spool with 12-15lb X8 braid, to use with these lures.

·
Registered
498 Posts
give **** a ring andy, he got some small stuff in recently around the £7-- £10 mark that look interesting, and also the small metals are working for me 3g--14g around the same price, or agm doing some cheaper small stuff

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Don't dismiss all the 120 size lures, sometimes a slimmer profile will work. Monster tackle do Daiwa Saltiga Minnows in 120 size and a small chugger minnow both worth a look and work well for me.
Also have alook at Duo Terrif DC9. I have loads of other but can't remember what most of them are! Will have to have a look and check.....

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Mike,
If you listed all of the smaller lures you have. I doubt there would be enough room on the board.
Awesome collection you have tucked away, most of which I never never seen here in the UK before.
Hadn't thought about it but as you said the smaller 10cm sized Diawa Chugger minnow would be a very handy lure to have.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I have tried the smaller Angel Kiss, never had much luck with it though. But the smaller Chase BW 105mm is a handy lure when the bass are on the small stuff. Good value for money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts