The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well nothing on so i though i would wander around the old bass haunts in the marina's down this way long story short i blanked!! though on the up side i found hundreds of mullet still holding up here so always a good sign for the shirleys to still be around for a while yet.
Had taps from mini species on shrimp and minnow x layers though nothing else apart from a cold frozen hands.
Best part i loved every second of it, it's not the catching that matters but it helps:-D

·
Registered
141 Posts
It was bitterly cold today! Its the "what if ?" that gives you the motivation to get out. My mates caught Bass down at Hooe lake when its practically been frozen!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Went out for a few hours today myself, hooked and lost one fish. By the time I left surf was getting real heavy. Keep getting out there Mike, they'll be around for a while yet.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
It was bitterly cold today! Its the "what if ?" that gives you the motivation to get out. My mates caught Bass down at Hooe lake when its practically been frozen!
Wriggly rag worms though, no reason why an SP of some sort wouldn't work.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah they are around mate, hitting my fav mark on thursday, though the mini species are around in abundance at the moment.
No waders on order and digging out the old wading jacket again so keep on going through the winter tempted to still bas fish through the winter opposed to lrf this season.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Worth trying Mike, there's usually a decent fish caught most months of winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts