The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I am hoping to draw on the far greater knowledge of plugs, that some of the member have. I am looking for a 80-100mm silm minnow. Ideally shallow running, that is as castable as possible.
Ideally something like a Duo SLD-F or Diawa Shoreline Shiner but in a smaller size.
Any ideas what to look at???
Cheers Dave

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap the BayCrap looks great, will have to hassle Plus about who is stocking them.
Been looking for them for a while-but no one seems to have any.
But also looking for a lure with an even slimmer profile (if possible)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quite right, you can control the depth a lure runs at. But as you know that come with certain restrictions, speed of retrieve being one.
Has to be said the Asura and it's bigger brother are two very vertile lures.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The BayCrap90 looks like a really handy lure, fits nicely into the average size of alot of the baitfish bass predate on-think young mullet
It is a shallow runner, would love to be able to see what the action is like??
But the Boro and Sayouri colours should do the business. Sure to be a useful "workhorse" shallow water lure.I love the large eyes, always a good trigger IMHO.

So will have to wait and see who stocks them.
Still looking for something like the 105mm Diawa SLS as well, juvenile sandeel????
And ideas???

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lucky Craft 90 is a realy nice lure and casts suprisingly well. LC dont seem to be in vouge at the moment, but this little lure is a belter for sandeel imitaiton in shell white

·
Registered
554 Posts
Dave, veals have got them.
I remember because i almost baycrapped myself laughing when i was flicking through the bass catalogue.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paul C,
Do you mean the Flash Minnow 95??

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Beachalot,
Not in stock at Veals yet, I phoned them when I saw them in the catalogue.
Soon I was told, but no date given.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Just had a look through my collection Dave and the only similar ones I can really find are the Daiwa R40 (which is an old one but basically a 90mm SLS), and also the Tiemco Vixen. Both are obviously Japanese though. If I were you I'd be tempted to order the SLS. Baycrap does look good though if they get them in.

Actually, the IMA Komomo 95 could be another one? Only weighs about 6g though. Casts well for it's weight though. Shallow diving. Spot on if it's on fine braid.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good call Ben, with the Ima Komomo 95, looks like just the job-que nightmare of trying to get one from Japan though.
Shouldn't be a problem casting wise I was using a 6g surface lure this morning and getting reasonable distance, even on 1PE braid.
Tempted to set a spool up with 0.8PE/14-16lb braid for my lighter lures.
Looks like Dice BayCrap90,
Diawa SLS-F 10
Ima Komomo 95.
Should prove a useful trio of lures (as long as I can find the second and third ones)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am hoping to draw on the far greater knowledge of plugs, that some of the member have. I am looking for a 80-100mm silm minnow. Ideally shallow running, that is as castable as possible.
Ideally something like a Duo SLD-F or Diawa Shoreline Shiner but in a smaller size.
Any ideas what to look at???
Cheers Dave
Dave what about the duo terrif dc9
kevin

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kevin,
Already have a Bullet cracking lure, but too thick in the body for what I am thinking of, Does work a treat when the bass are hitting small mullet though.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks James for letting me,
will give them a shout tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts