The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Zoom do a very good range of extremely cost effective and, fish effective lures.
we use quite alot...

finesse worm
trick worm
fluke tail
goby

go get em

·
Registered
160 Posts
Zoom do a very good range of extremely cost effective and, fish effective lures.
we use quite alot...

finesse worm
trick worm
fluke tail
goby

go get em
I have just got a pack of the fluke tails they look great, how do you rig them Keith, which jig head? they're pretty small!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
fluke tails

What size ?

head weight is dependant upon when and where m8.

However...

Give me some gear details and what depth you want to achieve and we can make some presumptions.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i use 7-10 g jig round jigheads depending on the swell. through the head and out the back making sure that if the lure were to lay flat on its belly the lead has contact with the floor.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Keith,

I think they are 3", sorry I can't fine the tape. The description is "SUPER $ALT PLU$ TINY FLUKE AURORA BLACK" 20 PKG 081-267. the same as these http://www.simmonssportinggoods.net/servlet/the-13860/ZOOM-TINY-FLUKE-081-dsh-267/Detail

I tried some of the small xlayers the other day with Decoy VJ-36 Violence Jighead 2/0 3.5g but I was struggling to "feel" the lure. I think i need something a little heavier. This was on my RLSD which I also guess is a bit powerful for this type of stuff. I should really buy a lighter rod/reel maybe a little bushy and a 2500.

I was fishing it in about 4-10' of water with very little current other than waves.

Hope this all makes sense

Hywel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts