The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, any tips of how to keep ones waders 'fresh' after long sessions. Wife has already banned waders from house and caravan:(and possibly me if I don't stop wearing them?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Turn 'em inside out and hose down the inside, Glyn?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I don't have that problem 'cause mine don't get smelly fish slime on them..............................................................................Cause I don't catch any fish...

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
There's me giving you the benefit of the doubt when all the time it was you!!!

Never heard of a pair of waders being ruined from the inside out before Gwyn.......:clap::clap:

Try having a bath twice a week even if you don't need it .........you might see an improvement and the waders will last longer......and the wife might let you in the caravan again..........:muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
268 Posts
The best way for smelly waders or any type of shoe is to put some lumps of charcoal in them for a few day. The charcoal absorbs smells will work on any smell. Even if you have fishy cloths. An other good idea is to put a takeaway tub with holes in it of charcoal and keep in the car boot. All smells will go in a few days. the BBQ is a good source of charcoal. Hope this helps. Yes it does work.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
You could try spaying them with an anti persperant, its worked on old trainers of mine, the ones that you just cant throw away, cos they will do for fishing, but you still manage to wear them more than you should.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Use nothing !!

Just air them out.
You can get stuff to properly restore them but ....

My experience with stuff like this is negative.
Try diving after you've put a wetsuit on with scented soap !

Ok, well, maybe waders aren't the same but if any chemicals can get out, or are soluble you might scare or make fish way wary.
Just my thoughts.

Isn't it hard enough already ? If the wife complains of smelly waders, get a new wife.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I guess you're right Keith.......but from what Gwyn's saying the chemicals coming from the stink in his waders may be worse....could even be used as an excuse for not catching...;-);-)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I hope you're wearing them for the next Welsh Bumble...then I'll at least have some company if I blank.....:muttley::muttley:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Get yourself to boots the chemist and buy some rubbing alcohol (70%). Carefully pour out a capful of the alcohol and lower into the foot area of the waders, then splash it all around the area your feet will be. You can use the backs of your fingers to help spread it around too. A 250ml bottle should last you the best part of the summer easily. Once you have killed off the smell (Caused ny bacteria. These are killed by the alcohol), you can put some Odour Eaters in your waders. If the smell returns before the Odour Eaters are worn, simply re-do the alcohol.

DONT, not even for a laugh, allow anyone to take a swig of the stuff!!

Forgot to add that there is no need to wash them out after. Just leave them a couple of hours, even less in the heat of the sun, and the alcohol will evaporate off

·
Registered
364 Posts
surely alcohol will eat the neoprene..? best tyr the charcoal thing - they use it in cooker hoods to get rid of fatty smells etc it must work. charcoal lumps in little box with holes punched in left over the week - got to be tried...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts