The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen these Smelt.... many a time now at night in the back eddy,s stationary just holding in a shoal not moving much but soon as you shine a torch at them they scatter.

Now then!....is there a S.P. out there that imitates a Smelt that floats...........
Yes floats???

The amount of times I have heard a splash (Sorry .....Big.....Splash.....or...Gulp......on a quiet night) that gets your heart racing......If you have been there you know where I an coming from!

Anyone recommend a floating SP that will do the job???

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
www.pafex.eu or any of the main French shops. Post isn't cheap unfortunately.

They are pretty bourant and very very slow sink with a size 1 hook in them. Perfect with the odd twitch which just brings them back up and to me look very lifelike, had several bass on them.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy,

Were you using the Pafex at night?
If so....In your opinion....did the Bass you caught home in on the lure as soon it hit the water?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Yes, full darkness. I was dead sticking through some tide in an area I know smelt etc hang out, I don't think it was immediate but within the minute I guess.

Had a scad, a mackerel and several pollack doing the same last night with a home made lure.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Sort of see through pearl with black glitter. Last night the pearl white was best and often is with most species other than wrasse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts