The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,i recieved a call tuesday off nath"midas"bell asking if id fancy an early sesh stalking the shirlies.Mmmm i thought i do have work but then again the season will soon be over.Decision was made to sneak in a few hours before the overalls went on and a meeting place was planned.With nath checking clarity the day before we made our way with high hopes of landing something as nath had just got over the shock of landing 16 bass off the top a couple of days prior but that mark was a right off so it was plan b we had to focus on.Got to the water to find slightly poor clarity but it was out with the lures before the sun showed.Fourth cast with the mighty chugbug and it was slammed as it sat static over rocks.After a good scrap it was eased to the shore,quick pic,weighed and released.
5lb on the dot.
After about another half an hour decision was made to move to plan c as nothing was happening and clarity was getting worse,got there to find cocoa coloured water.Sod it we said,lets just fish it.....on went the mag slider to try and clear the brown tinge but there was no way it was going to happen.As the plug was doin tricks about 30 yards out i noticed a swirl then felt the nudge and stopped the plug instantly.Called nath and pointed to my lure,then bang he took it static as i turned my head back to the water.Fish landed,3lb and returned.It did take a wound to the under belly but we had to give it a chance.An hour later and no action it was time to go to work and day dream of the sneaky sesh.Yep nath blanked which doesnt happen but then he had his fill earlier in the week....didnt you mr bell

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Daz, well done mate and a cracking looking fish :p

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Lovely looking fish Darren and off the top too! Great session.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Cracking fish Daz!! Hopefully they will hang about this area for a few weeks yet.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well done on winkling that 5ib er out in those conditions !

Water clarity might improve a bit when the wind goes down over the weekend,either side of high and low water will be your best bet.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
You fished well Daz!
I'd have normally walked away with clarity that bad!
The five pounder was a real quality fish and I was happy with the condition of the other, just a small wound she'll be fine went off strongly.
The two classic north Wales bass catching plugs did the business again.
It's been top sport recently hope these Easterlies don't kill it.
Great fishing, mate well done!
Cheers Nath.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Graeme it was the large size bud but i find the smaller one just as effective.Very true steve,ive had a few blanks lately but hopefully now have turned the corner.Thats a 4lb and 5lb in 5 days so im happy with that.Nath you had a superb sesh with your brother earlier in the week,2 marks 20 fish in total,you caned them on that asturie and im sure youl have a few more in the weeks to come.I love the bug, it is one hell of a lure.Ive thrown all the latest surface lures at them and had nothing but then tie on the bug and had a response straight away,classic killer lure.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Looking at the Straits today the water clarity does not look to bad, it has a slight tint to it but not as bad as I thought it would be plus it is blowing a “Warm” S.E. wind which unusual so things look promising .

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Absolutley cracking Daz :clap:. I'll have to join you for a sneaky session sometime soon ;).

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
nice fish Daz !!! sorry about the delay in posting but had computer/internet problems for a week or so ....

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well,im not goin to start another thread on yet another sneaky mini sesh so ill top this one up.Nephew asked if ide take him pluggin again as weather was 50/50 for showers so the windows that are waiting to get glossed can get lost...till monday.Got to the water and clarity was amazin but hardly any movement at all,very flat but overcast.After about 20 mins we were joined by fin who was on the way to another mark for the wrasse but dropped in to do a bit.God hes got a softie collection to die for.Anyway it was about an hour into the flood and i was workin a baby bug from right to left letting it drift in the weak current of this small tide,chug pause,chug pause then finally noticed the water simmering around the lure(nervous water i call it) so i chugged again as it drifted about another 8ft and the interest showed again,fin watched to my left.I chugged slightly again and bang...textbook take off the top...and i loves it!!!.Only 3 pound on the dot but didnt it scrap.That was it for this sneaky little sesh,came away happy ...love my top sport and nephew is hooked aswel.
cheers daz

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Superb Daz that's a beauty!
Great report and nice sharp pic. She looks spikey!
You can't beat swirl, pause..... Hit!
Nice effects too bud!!
Cheers Nath

1 - 20 of 24 Posts