The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mrs is maybe treating me to some waders for Crimbo (SEXY! :-D). I want to get the Snowbee Prestige waist waders. Having fished in my chest PVC boot waders the last few months, decided I only need waist high (an always use the old PVC's if I want to go deep). As Snowbee are local(ish) to me in Plym, will pop in to get the best size, hopefully try on. Anyone using these waders, have a review?

The boots, I can take the easy option and get the Snowbee XS-Pro Wading Boots with the Studded Xstra-Grip Sole. Will be able to try on in store etc...

Or, I have seen these Patagonia's;

http://www.sportfish.co.uk/product/patagonia-riverwalker-sticky-sole-wading-boot

Now I am a size 7 UK in my shoes. It says in the blurb
Sized to accommodate neoprene stocking-foot waders
So does this mean I can get away with the Patagonia in a size 7 ?? Again, any reviews of them, thoughts appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hi paul

i have used both the cheast and waist snowbee waders with the boots mate, the waders are indeed excellent lightweight when moving, and good movement never leaked on me and i treated them like crap most of the time never cleaned them ect. The stocking feet are brill i am a size 11 foot though boot a 12 boot as i like to wear a wading sock (big thicks socks really) inside for extra warmth. Though the latching system on the waders bottom at the ankle in ingenius as it keep them pulled down tight onto the boot.
As for the boots comfy, long lasting, i only got rid of mine as i wasnt wading at the time only shore fishing. Rue the day i got rid mate i tell you.
A buddy had the patagonia waders and loved them i tried them but wasnt that impressed for the money he paid a dam site more than my snowbees.
Though as you say mate best option od pop in and speak to phil in there, and try them on he will help as much as humanly possable. When i buy new decent! waders i will be getting snowbee again.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You can just turn up Paul. Phil in there (the guy with the long hair & sideburns) is very helpful & even calls you 'sir' lol. I think M-T they close at 5, Fri is earlier 4 or 4.30pm. They're not open at weekends :-(

Edit - they do have a retail outlet there too. When I bought my Snowbee breathables for a bargin £50 (they often have end of line bargins etc in the back of the shop) I tried on 3 or 4 pairs of waders. It was no problem at all for them. Trying waders + boots before you buy is defo the thing to do imho, if possible

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You can just turn up Paul. Phil in there (the guy with the long hair & sideburns) is very helpful & even calls you 'sir' lol
Hahaha, yeah lovely chap. Guess he's used to dealing with some pretty affluent fly guys and Snowbee consider themselfs a prestige brand - so is expected to be pretty subservient.

Also, a nice selection of Smith Saruna's up there Paul. I love those lures.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Definitely worth going into the shop. Some of the gear is really expensive but they seem to have random cheap stuff too. I got a pair of really nice neoprene gloves in there for £6! Fold back fingers, good quality stuff.
And they do have some nice lures too!I second that.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Paul
The patagonia boots are fantastic, really light but pretty much indestructible! I've just had mine resoled (felt) as they are in their 2nd season. I don't think there is any need to upsize.......they are sized to suit neoprene booties.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
indeed i have spent a lot of money in there over the years especially on fly rods, each time i have managed to break them they have replaced them with out question. I have tried on several pairs of waders and usuay buy the first set i tried.
bought some saruna lures the other week and they work a treat bass love them.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Went into Snowbee this morning and got my Prestige waist waders and some XS-Pro wading boots (rubber sole with studs). Very glad I went in to try them on, as it was not the first I tried that fitted correctly. Also an excellent service in store. As mentioned, the Smith range of lures is stunning, had to resist hard!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
You've got yourself some nice kit there Paul. Thinking ahead to when I buy my next pair of wading boots, I'm considering the Snowbee XS ones. I'm not that happy with my Scierra Dynatraks. It'd be interesting to see how you get on with the XS's, the waders also.

Buying from Snowbee (for me in Plymouth) is ideal - as you've said you can go in & try stuff on & also can go back in easily if there's any problems with what you've bought.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You've got yourself some nice kit there Paul. Thinking ahead to when I buy my next pair of wading boots, I'm considering the Snowbee XS ones. I'm not that happy with my Scierra Dynatraks. It'd be interesting to see how you get on with the XS's, the waders also.

Buying from Snowbee (for me in Plymouth) is ideal - as you've said you can go in & try stuff on & also can go back in easily if there's any problems with what you've bought.
Yup - I like that fact that if there are any probs, just a case of popping in to the unit. Supposed to be Christmas presents, so will have to wait to see how they get on!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts