The Lure Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick report on the weekend.
my new rod was delivered friday so i took it for a quick spin.ive bought a 7ft bushwacker to try my hand at the sp`s.my xlayers hadn`t arrived from **** so i thought i`d try some surface lures instead.after about 30 mins and nothin doing i changed to a feed shallow and 3/4 casts later i was hit:-D resulting in a nice fish...

middle of the afternoon,sun glaring,flat calm...ideal:wackit:

sat morning i was at a mark at 4:45.slight drizzle but other than that the conditions looked perfect.to cut a long story short i had one missed take off the surface:sad:

after playing a charity golf game sun morning,a memorial footy game in the afteroon,followed by a bbq and too many beers i didn`t get a chance to go till monday evening:mrgreen:
conditions were flat calm,no wind.tried the favourites 1st,mag popper,feed shallow-nothing.
then tried a z-claw & bingo...a big hit on the surface resulting in a nice fish

my 1st bass on the z claw :-D
a good end to another enjoyable weekend!

p.s - both fish returned :wink:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well in, Billy! How did you find the 7' Bushie coped?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well in, Billy! How did you find the 7' Bushie coped?
it did feel a bit fragile in my hand to be honest,but thats maybe because ive got used my my red dragon express?still a nice rod though and i`ll use it off the rocks with sp`s in the future.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great report and pics Billy, well done on the fish !

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Well done there Billy. Sounds like you had a busy weekend, great looking fish pleased to hear they went back well done.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Nice one Billy you're doin well at the minute.
Always good too get them off the top, i'm yet too pop my z-claw cherry!
Good pics even better that you slipped them back.
Cheers Nath.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Nice one Billy, and great pictures, gotta love those Z-Claws eh, I have been trying with the surface lures a bit this year but not even had a boil yet.
remove the hooks **** and give it to brodie as a dog chew, it'll be about the only time it get's any teeth marks in it ...........................:evil:

kev

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
great weekend billy ,yet more good sized fish !!! probably thrashing the water somewhere on the isle later today, cheers Trev.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts