The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im just wondering has anyone any experience in weighting weedless soft plastics when fishing into currents and rips , i use cone leads alot but i was thinking about using insert leads but cannot find info on how much to weight them or where to position the weights any pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks james.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Keith White has written various encyclopedic pieces on weighting soft plastics with nail weights etc, if you google it you'll find some stuff.

I personally have used screw in weights on the belly (Nogales Body Shot
) , and also have a tin of tungsten putty which you can put on the shank, eye or the bend of the hook to add a couple of grams very easily. Expensive, but reusable, and lasts a long time.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Strap on testicles for fish! :muttley:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi James
Only started messing around with sluggo's at the end of this season really - had a couple of fish on them. Only used them unweighted so far. The idea of being able to present them straight and slowly sinking (either in the current or on a slow retrieve) really makes sense to me though, so spending the winter tinkering!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i like your idea of slowly sinking soft plastics on paper it sounds great but i will have to spend some time experimenting with weights for specific lures !

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Weighted worm hooks work well for this type of presentation

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts