The Lure Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having wrote that there seems to be no Bass on the S/E coast the situation seems to have improved I took one bass and about 18 pollack. The bass took a small 3inch sp bounced on the bottom.Fish was just over 3lbs

I spoke to a chap in a kayak he had taken 3 bass and had seen a large fish

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Small lures in clear water Alan. Well done.
What sort of average size were the Pollack ?

Is the Japweed growing yet ? Need to get out on the skish but we need the cover of the weedbeds.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jap weed begining to grow but still pretty sparse the pollack were up to 3lbs and were gulping down these lures they could not get enough of them I will see what tomorrow brings

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Jap weed begining to grow but still pretty sparse the pollack were up to 3lbs and were gulping down these lures they could not get enough of them I will see what tomorrow brings
Cheers Alan. Try using a marker pen and blacking, or darkening whatever lure seems tops m8 and see if it makes a difference.
Maybe we'll wait a tide cycle for the japweed then. Seen the bootlace growing though so that's a good sign.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good effort Alan, well done !

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Alan, that was me out there.Just has the 3 in the end,they were smaller than yours and in the 2 pound range.The bigger one turned and rejected my plug about 5m away, looked to be in the 8-10 pound range.I was pretty bummed but thats fishing I guess.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to see you well done on getting those I am off again tomorrow to see if they are still there especially the big one

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Nice, well done all of you. Nelson went out on his own yesterday and had about a dozen pollack on Xlayers (he recons up to 3 or 4lb too) and he winkled another bass on the Live-X revenge, said he didnt find any fish in the shallows though, all the fish were east of Icho and in deeper water.

·
Registered
277 Posts
he didnt find any fish in the shallows though, all the fish were east of Icho and in deeper water.
Ah that would explain a lot, spent the entire day out on Sat from 9am til 6pm and got nothing. The most excitement was watching a pollock about 3lb hit my lure and then shoot back down into the depths after realising it wasn't real. Water was crystal clear and I could see to the bottom and there was nothing around that either me or my mate could see.

There was a fair bit of Jap weed growing at the back of Seymour, again nothing could be seen hiding under it apart from some small bait fish, saw some sandeels as well, but nothing very big. I was thinking about giving it another go this weekend weather (and missus) permitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts