The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went out again tonight to the pier and had my 10 year old michael with me.started with the normal xlayer not a tap so i changed over to a 4" one up shad and first cast bang bang all over the place a little frenzy broke out.it was very bright under the light and i could see about 2-3 feet under the water.the fish were not much bigger than the shad itself but it was some buzz watching them slap off the shad michael thought it was brilliant he got really excited and id say anybody that saw us were thinking whats up with them nutters over there.so i changed over to a tiny xlayer and got another small pollack but i really need to get some smaller stuff ill have to talk to **** and see what niceities he has.michael said to me when can we go again so were off again tommorow night it will keep him away from the tv for a while.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Wicked. Who'd ever have thought we could have so much fun at this point in the season! Keith's posts are a mine of information on this stuff.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
nice one Pat. Its nice to just get out but catching the fish is a bonus and like you say get away from the tv for a bit. I consider it warming up for the bass.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Pat and Micheal,

Well done.

Try AGM fishing for all the small and very small SPs, etc. They are quick & cheap.

Chris "The Squid"

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
i went out again tonight to the pier and had my 10 year old michael with me.started with the normal xlayer not a tap so i changed over to a 4" one up shad and first cast bang bang all over the place a little frenzy broke out.it was very bright under the light and i could see about 2-3 feet under the water.the fish were not much bigger than the shad itself but it was some buzz watching them slap off the shad michael thought it was brilliant he got really excited and id say anybody that saw us were thinking whats up with them nutters over there.so i changed over to a tiny xlayer and got another small pollack but i really need to get some smaller stuff ill have to talk to **** and see what niceities he has.michael said to me when can we go again so were off again tommorow night it will keep him away from the tv for a while.

I think it's brilliant that you are out there doing this.

----

Paul: Just trying to pass on what we are all learning. I still can't get my head around the 'hundred's' of fish we've all had between us. In fact, I've totally lost count of trip numbers and fish numbers got crazy weeks ago. Summer will be nuts.

----

I would advise most anyone trying this to try to get some smaller stuff. We have 2 months yet at least where smaller lures could play the key role and of course, they will continue to be part of it right through depending upon the species we target.

Please keep your reports upto date and invite other guys along when you have it figured a bit. Don't forget to try a slow falling lure, it's been the killer method here for bigger sized fish. Just keep the lure in contact and follow it down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts