The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought myself a Tenryu injection over the winter with the intention of using it for soft plastic and light plug work. Its a very impressive piece of kit and i am very happy with it, the only problem is the length of the tip section can make it awkward to transport, especially in a rod tube when flying. Is there another rod out there that is similar in length casting weight and performance but with two equal length sections? Any ideas would be very welcome.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Are you against ordering from Japan Toby? I'll be fishing up your way some time soon and have the Graphiteleader Argento 76L and it might be interesting to put it along side the injection to see how it feels? Others (very few) who have tried it may argue that they're different rods (I haven't used the Injection), but the Argento fishes all of my soft baits and small plugs perfectly. Casts up to 21g, fast action, amazingly lightweight and superbly built.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I brought myself a Tenryu injection over the winter with the intention of using it for soft plastic and light plug work. Its a very impressive piece of kit and i am very happy with it, the only problem is the length of the tip section can make it awkward to transport, especially in a rod tube when flying. Is there another rod out there that is similar in length casting weight and performance but with two equal length sections? Any ideas would be very welcome.
What about the Lucky Craft ESG 7'7" ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts