The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry men, I need to replace my waders and am not sure about which soles to get, felt, studs or just plain cleated. Most of the ground I cover is small boulders and sometimes sand gullies which is full of weed, (a bit on the slippy side).
I won't be buying breathables. Any advice gratefully received.
Pete.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I won't be buying breathables.
Hi Pete,

I'm not fully up to date on non-breathables but I was flicking through the Snowbee catalogue the other day and the rip-stop 600D Wademaster Waders do look pretty decent. They're plain cleated soles though, and personally I'd go for studded rubber. Look like they could probably take the odd bit of rock-rubbing though!

·
Registered
364 Posts
whilst we're on about waders - any good reports of the scierra waist high jobs - i cant help feeling most of the time waist high would do.... any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
whilst we're on about waders - any good reports of the scierra waist high jobs - i cant help feeling most of the time waist high would do.... any suggestions?
They're the ones I use mate. Very good! Same as you, felt that I didn't need chesties all the time, and don't. I havent actually worn the chesties since I got them. There's another thread about them here somewhere.

·
Registered
364 Posts
ben - thats sort of what I was thinking.. most of the time where i fish out of the hot bit of summer i can just about make do with my wellies. even in summer (when its hot) with my wet shoes and shorts i rarely get a wave above my waist.

i guess the ideal pair would zip off at the waist with a waterproof zip...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry to highjack. But are the Airflow waders any good. Fishtec have them at a fair price. Ok you can have the thread back now sorry again.

·
Banned
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your input and advice guys, I went for the Snowbee Granite neoprene's with a plain cleated sole in the end. They are lot lighter than my last pair and a lot more softer, the only downside that I can see is the lack of an inbuilt neoprene sock, but there is plenty of room for an extra pair of socks if need be. The actual boot is very soft and gives great feed back as to what your walking on.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just bought some Airflo Waders & Boots. Rubber sole with studs in, so far very impressed. Feel confident walking across weed covered boulders, or at least as confident as is possible when walking on a surface like that. Caution still very much needed i think.
These are the boots
http://www.airflofishing.com/buy.cfm/clothing/airflo-x-stream-wading-boots/75/no/50327
Offer at the moment, £199 for Waders & Boots
http://www.airflofishing.com/buy.cf...ok-breathable-stockingfoot-waders/75/no/50326

1 - 12 of 12 Posts