The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of the Members that live in the south east fancied a meet(s) somewhere in the south east. Basically Meet up at a mark, fish, catch huge bass (hopefully) and then Maybe a beer or bite to eat afterwards.basically a laid back hassle free meet. As all those who fish the south east know good conditions come and go pretty quickly, But I am prepared to put some leg work in. Hopefully find the best bets (if not the fish)
If your interested stick your name on this thread, and whether your Hampshire/Sussex/Kent based and whether your happy wading :D . Once the season gets going, we will get a meet organised (if there is enough interest) and I will PM all those on this list.
Equally if anyone wants to reconmend a mark for the meet, PM me and we can sort out the options.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Dave - please count me in.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Guys it is up to us really,
We could do a Pike/Perch meet on one of the local reservoirs/lakes/rivers. Or we could wait a little longer and try for an early bass (depending on conditions).
What with the snow and ice I am begining to suffer from cabin fever.
What you think guys??

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Alex Jordan said:
salty water for me - I am getting over my cabin fever by ... working more :(
My cabin fever's getting worse. Fed up with sittiing infront of the TV holding my rod I've now taken to packing and unpacking my rucksack to see whatt else I can fit into it Kyrpton Factor style.....

How about April 10th or 11th?

·
Registered
849 Posts
April 10th or 11th is good for me. Oh and yes I'm happy wading!

Long way off though :bangin:

Anyone suggesting where this is likely to be held? Are we talking newhaven / seaford / peacehaven / cuckmere / beachy head area?

Also...
If anyone in the herts/beds/bucks area wants to go pluggin for Pike before the season ends let me know. I've not got anyone to go piking with so my experience is a bit lacking but i'm always happy to try!

If anyone fancies a trip up to the fens in Cambs aswell i'd be up for that. Some good pike up there plus a chance of Zander too. ;)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Jon / Chad do you want to come a Piking with Vidar & Me soon? MK, Welwyn, Watford all not too far away from each other. Just need a day ticket venue. There's one by us we could all use that incorporates a river & several lakes, pay on the gate. Anyone else from doon sooth is welcome too.

Sorry Dave off on a tangent, your meet still stands regardless :)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Andy Mason said:
Jon / Chad do you want to come a Piking with Vidar & Me soon? MK, Welwyn, Watford all not too far away from each other. Just need a day ticket venue. There's one by us we could all use that incorporates a river & several lakes, pay on the gate. Anyone else from doon sooth is welcome too.

Would love to Andy. Just let me know when (prefereably a weekend, this job thing is a bit restrictive) and where :)
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to pike, most of mine have been caught by mistake on tiny nymphs when fly fishing for trout so they are never that big and usually find their way off the hook before I can even net the little buggers.

Just send me a PM, or start a new thread, with the venue you're thinking of and a few dates.

Sorry Dave, back to topic! :oops:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Andy Mason said:

Blockie,
Would love to. Haven't got hardly any pike gear but will make a go of it - I may even bring my special hook from hand removing tool.......

Did I tell you I now spend half my working week in Milton Keynes?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Jon /Chad

I'll talk to Vidar and we'll set something up. No worries on the tackle front, most bass rods will cope with Pike, so will some of the lures. If we can get the temps up a bit lure fishing will be a ball, if it stays cold then we'll wait a while. Between Vidar and myself we can sort out traces etc. so don't go spending (unless you want to)

Jon, I think a starbucks might be in order one day :)

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Dave,
in my excitement at trawling through job sites etc I had completely missed this thread. Definitely up for an early season foray somewhere. It will be great to meet some of the other guys too.
Happy to help recce some marks in advance too.

cheers

Mike

1 - 20 of 40 Posts