The Lure Forums banner

Which date would you prefer to meet in May? (You can select multiple dates)

• Saturday 8th May

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Sunday 9th May

• Saturday 15th May

• Sunday 16th May

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Saturday 22nd May

• Sunday 23rd May

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Saturday 29th May

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Sunday 30th May

Votes: 8 61.5%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, the season will shorthly be on us and unless we start getting some dates into the diary we will all be booked up!

With this in mind, Andy & I suggested that the South East forum members should gather for a days fishing around Portland / Weymouth. To help us agree a date, please select your preferred date in the attached poll. We will leave the poll open until the weekend and will then agree the most popular date.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me, meet up somewhere. Then head off to fish around the area, and meet up later for "one that hopefully didn't get away" stories.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave
It will be great just to get out there............

Hpefully we can garner sufficient interest to make it a regular event

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I'm away on holiday from 8th of may so it has to be anything after the 23rd of May for me, and I have consequently voted the 29th

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Sundays are always better for me simply because I usually work Saturdays. Can anyone give me the tide tables for weymouth/portland for this year?

Cheers. Andy

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I should be up for that. I will go witth the flow date wise and re-arrange any weddings/funerals/etc as necessary.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Is this one open to anybdoy or is it really just open to anybody? This must be closer to my side of the country than the SE, and I'd like to think I could make it if possible? Be nice to fish Weymouth a few times before the festival :-D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Perfick! Count me in for now then! May even try and camp it up somewhere to stay for a couple of days. I'm totally flexible but will opt for the later weekend.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Perfick! Count me in for now then! May even try and camp it up somewhere to stay for a couple of days. I'm totally flexible but will opt for the later weekend.
Starting to worry about you Ben :muttley:

I fancy a trip down south and as others have said it will be good to fish the area before the festival, will vote for the end of May.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If I have this right you need the bigger tides to open up more of the Portland marks so the two weekends 15th/16th or 28th/29th would be better suited out of the 4. I'm sure Mike(plugs) will give us a clue. Provided my Mrs isnt snowed under with her exams would anyone object to me coming down to join the party.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Would love to attend if possible, last weekend in May would be best for me as the misses will be on half term the week after (she's a Teacher NOT a bloody student!) so she wont mind looking after the baby so much.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, despite the draw forthe Saturday and Sunday, as someone mentioned a preference for Sundays, we will start organising arund 30th May.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Count me in guys, is that the bank holiday weekend?
Mke
I think it is, which could be fun.

I know it was a tough day todaym but is there any sign of anything happening around Weymouth now. I fancy trying to do something next weekend which may be hard with the Six Nations kcking off again....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts