The Lure Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With everybody else doing it, is there any chasnce that early in the bassing year (April? May?) that we could get ourselves sorted in the far South West and sort out a bit of a gathering? Be great to meet some of the more newly introduced people in the area. Must be getting on for more than a dozen anglers from Devon and Cornwall on here now, maybe more?! I'm not sure exactly where or when, but is anybody down this way keen to meet up / catch a few? / share some info?

Update - Names to Date:

Team Cornwall
Ben Field
Vaughan
Ruan
Nathan Taylor (hasn't said he's fishing yet but will!)
Robert Taylor (hasn't said he's fishing yet but will!)
Martin Cook
Luke Fox
Sean Scipio
Marq
Joecockle

Team Emmit
Jez (not really much of an emmit)
Spitty (if it's at Easter)
Alex Jordan (if it's at Easter) (+2)
Nigel A (+2)
Capt Sugwas
Si Clapham
JCMR
Steve Lewis
Simon Lewis
Basswalker
Jon Bunyard

Quite a few of us!!....... :-D

·
Registered
779 Posts
With everybody else doing it, is there any chasnce that early in the bassing year (April? May?) that we could get ourselves sorted in the far South West and sort out a bit of a gathering? Be great to meet some of the more newly introduced people in the area. Must be getting on for more than a dozen anglers from Devon and Cornwall on here now, maybe more?! I'm not sure exactly where or when, but is anybody down this way keen to meet up / catch a few? / share some info?
Early April would be great - Im over then (was planning on catching up with a few people anyway)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was thinking about you before actually Tom! If it was around the same time as the Welsh one, then maybe a few of you could come down together?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yeh I would deffinately be keen for a bit of a meet, April is not the best because I have loads of fly fishing comps on that month, but would miss one if I needed too.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh I would deffinately be keen for a bit of a meet, April is not the best because I have loads of fly fishing comps on that month, but would miss one if I needed too.
Cool. Spose we can just see when everybody is available and go from there really. I'm hugely flexible, so can sort it for any time.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Im over from about 28th of March till about 9th of April but Im off down to Dorset with the family 1 - 5 April so there wont be a weekend in it (havent booked yet but will this weekend)

Was thinking about dragging Marc far west one day (oh and the obligatory Overton blank lol)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Boys, please don't forget us poor unfortunates from the land locked counties. Some of us (me) are stupid and will drives for hours to fish. I would love to pop down and fish, if you would have me?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What was I thinking, I would miss them all if there were bass about :mrgreen:
LOL, what are you on about??? There are bass down your way even in February!! By april the water will be black with them!!! haha.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Boys, please don't forget us poor unfortunates from the land locked counties. Some of us (me) are stupid and will drives for hours to fish. I would love to pop down and fish, if you would have me?
Do it Capp'n!!! More the merrier!!!! I have no idea where exactly we should go yet, but we'll find somewhere suitable.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts

Hey Ben, I'm sure you could deffo put both me and my pops, JCMR, onto the list........some of your marks and water clarity almost put ours to shame :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Hey Ben, I'm sure you could deffo put both me and my pops, JCMR, onto the list........some of your marks and water clarity almost put ours to shame :mrgreen:
Maybe another day out, if Ben and Nathan will have us ???

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Get on! Could be a few then! What do people reckon date wise then? Think I caught my first last spring at the end of March - so the end of march onwards is doable. March, april?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi ben well up for a fishin meet then should have boat finished to vaughan and my self hittin the reefs for live baiting and pluggin if ya up for it

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah for sure mate. May end up down you way next weekend so may see you then!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well the misses has told me in no uncertain terms Im not doing another trip in April :x

·
Registered
779 Posts
Oh dear Tom ,
Can see who wears the trousers in your house bud, could be a ban on the jersey one next !!!! oohh theres a horrid thought
To be fair Bob she lets me fish 25 of my 30 days holiday - cant complain really (and she always makes my sarnies and a warm meal when I get back)

no Jersey ban mate (shes even thinking about house sitting for Sam next summer so I can get 2 full weeks over there in Jersey!)

its cool (I know shes right really)

omg I just said the misses is right - must be going soft lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.