The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Browsing a site for some SP's and found this image. No explanation of what it is but that's how to rig that lure apparently...

Any ideas??

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Andy,

Can you post the URL for that device?

Chris

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Thats weird looking. Almost looks like a cup face like a little popper thing, or a flat vane to give it attractive irregular side to side movements, with having additional weight on a jighead. Complete guesses from a SP novice!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The guys in france tell me they work them really really slowly in shallow waters. Not sure if they meant with the weird jig head thing or weightless though. Guess they mean weightless which is what I intend to do.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Looks clever.

I prefer a weedless texan rigged worm walked either on (floating worm) or just
below with the occasional free fall. However, that gizmo adds another dimension.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My man in France says he has seen some in the shop he goes to and will get me some next time. He can't recall what they are called though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I reckon you might be able to rig/modify these to achieve a similar effect

http://www.wigglefin.com/
Andy- I've got a few of those at home. Got them off a fly retailer called Steve Parton- he said to put them in front of sea trout flies but I found them a bit scary whistling past my ear in the pitch black so I'll pop them in the plugging bag when things warm up and you can have a bit of an experiment with them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Andy- I've got a few of those at home. Got them off a fly retailer called Steve Parton- he said to put them in front of sea trout flies but I found them a bit scary whistling past my ear in the pitch black so I'll pop them in the plugging bag when things warm up and you can have a bit of an experiment with them.
Suprise,suprise mate I have had a few in my armoury for a while but aint really given them a fair trial.Well worth a go though as they aint that expensive and come in some eye catching colours.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well I have ordered some of the concave wiggle head things. The plan is a big sluggo, weightless over the japweed this summer. Got to work!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts