The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a growing number of SP's in all sorts of shapes and sizes, at the moment all are in their original bags and just chucked in the Haversack for use, then when the sh#t hits the fan I can never find what I'm looking for without taking the lot out and having them blown all over the place.

Any solutions ?????????

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Using wallets for them was discussed here . . http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=3634&highlight=storage

Personally i keep all of my s/p's in their original packs, and take a selection of packs with me that i put together into a sandwich bag (which in turn goes into my chest pack), so they are all together. I use a rig wallet for my LRF s/p's.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I seem to have a growing number of SP's in all sorts of shapes and sizes, at the moment all are in their original bags and just chucked in the Haversack for use, then when the sh#t hits the fan I can never find what I'm looking for without taking the lot out and having them blown all over the place.

Any solutions ?????????
Yes good one Les. I have only got so far as having 2 Packets of each type. I store them all in one packet, and use the other packet to house the SP's that I will be using that day. Thus if there are for example 5 SP's to a packet, I have 8 in store back at home, and I am using 2. Or is there a much simpler answer?!

In that way I don't mix up all the SP's which can cause a mess.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Any solutions ?????????
I keep my SPs in these - http://www.mrfishjersey.com/fishing-tackle/meiho-worm-proof-box-806-large.html and I also use these - http://www.harrissportsmail.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=16711 which are in my tackle bag

However when I am fishing I carry one of these - http://www.mrfishjersey.com/fishing-tackle/meiho-worm-proof-box-mini-802.html in which I put a selection of lures to use whilst fishing. This is kept in my pocket and makes switching lures whilst fishing much quicker.

It works for me.

David

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
don't ask me....

I have em 'everywhere' ...

Thousands of em, all mixed up etc...
plus, hundreds of unopened packs in boxes in the house, shed and both motors.

I need a seriously effective storage system too...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use press seal bags off ebay and put them in my bag, 3 or 4 lures of each type and or colour that I think I will need.
Thats cos you know what you are doing Andy, I on the otherhand being a OCD learner tends to want to take everything I,ve got, especially with the losses I'm suffering at the moment.

Cheers

·
Registered
129 Posts
I take everything as well, all jumbled into the bag and can never find what Im looking for until Ive emptied my bag.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
don't ask me....

I have em 'everywhere' ...

Thousands of em, all mixed up etc...
plus, hundreds of unopened packs in boxes in the house, shed and both motors.

I need a seriously effective storage system too...
I have been looking into this quite seriously for the last few weeks, having had to cope with sorting out my boat SPs, Norway SPs, wrasse SPs, LRF SPs, other bass SPs, other SPs (;))......and all those selections overlap. It is a nightmare....I was wondering if I'd get this on to Rozel Pier...

http://vanhire.mobi/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/MyCamperVan1.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...&start=18&hl=en&sa=N&gbv=2&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1

·
Registered
498 Posts
maybe callum might put he's storage system forward great idea m8, but definatley i store all my unopened sp's in shoe boxes out of sunlight, did notice colour changes in the summer (esp xlyrs),and keep them in the bag while out fishing

·
Registered
285 Posts
Doc,

That is why you should use the great American invention "ziploc" !!

The smalll size is perfect for the storage and transportation of xlayers etc and you can even use them to separate your sandwiches!!

Once you have used them, there is no going back.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ziplock bags are great, but they just mean more loose bags in your rucksack. If you put a bag of SPs into a ziplock bag (I tend to keep my SPs in there original bags to preserve any flavourings etc) then you have just put a bag within a bag which is just more faff at the water's edge. What looks helpful is the spare SP binder wallets that have the eyelets for putting them into binders. I have looked at the SP binders and spare wallets that BassPro and others produce, but unfortunately shipping costs are prohibitive from BassPro and Cabelas. Does anyone know of anything similar for sale in the UK?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Using wallets for them was discussed here . . http://www.thelureforum.com/showthread.php?t=3634&highlight=storage

Personally i keep all of my s/p's in their original packs, and take a selection of packs with me that i put together into a sandwich bag (which in turn goes into my chest pack), so they are all together. I use a rig wallet for my LRF s/p's.
Si, that rig wallet you showed me looked pretty handy. As my collection of SPs is now growing (not in the same league as your own!) I need a better way to keep them all together. The Rapala sling bag just doesn't cut it for SPs and will likely be retired at the end of the season.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
As I am a rookie, I am probably doing it all wrong, I keep a selection of mine, pre-rigged on various jig heads, in with my plugs in a double layer plastic box. I appreciate they are probably loosing their scent this way, but the old used Xlayers seem to be catching well still.

Depending on what s/p's they are Paul, you may also experience them colour-bleeding (not always undesirable ;)), degrading, and the hooks rusting. I'd just keep an eye on them. It is all too easy to get it wrong, and if you get something like a Spindleworm in with them, it will all go pear-shaped :p.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
At the moment, I only have Xlayers in 2 colours, in their own slot in the tray, and Svage Gear eels and some sidewinders, again together. I am hopefully gonna get a delivery of some Reins stuff today, so will be rethinking the storage. I have a few small Abu Garcia 3 slot boxes that I think i might use, keep them all separate from the plugs. Need to rethink what gear comes fishing with me, because at the moment, it's a case of take everything!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Ziplock bags are great, but they just mean more loose bags in your rucksack. If you put a bag of SPs into a ziplock bag (I tend to keep my SPs in there original bags to preserve any flavourings etc) then you have just put a bag within a bag which is just more faff at the water's edge. What looks helpful is the spare SP binder wallets that have the eyelets for putting them into binders. I have looked at the SP binders and spare wallets that BassPro and others produce, but unfortunately shipping costs are prohibitive from BassPro and Cabelas. Does anyone know of anything similar for sale in the UK?
I must say, that for 'on the water' storage, the systems **** sells are great. I forget the name of em but I have 2.
I think 1 is Sakura which is great bar one failing (it has no strap) and the other one (maybe rovex ?) that is a great LRF or HRF pack.

Either way, a huge binder system 'might' work but in my case, it would need to be huge. I'm really not kidding on the numbers of lures I have and seeing what guys are starting to carry in their cars recently, it's a problem which is destined to grow.

·
Registered
323 Posts
2x plano worm proof s/p containers 1plano air /water tight container holds the liuquid as well comes with its own pair of tweezers. zip wallets work well aS LONG AS YOU KEEP THEM OUT OF SUNLIGHT or you will have a monster mess s/p will dry out if not sealed after opening. a lot of s/p can be mixed togethernow except for most eco /bio but don?"t know if you get them there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts