The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a continuation of Andy's thread about brown water.. Personally have had random success, so random it can't be thought of as success, anyway I digress.

With a week of northerlies approaching how long has it historically taken for some degree of water clarity to return over high water? low water will obviously keep it for longer but anyway...

The point of the question is that I'd like to give our wee bassies one last stab this year and am thinking about a craic towards the end of next week, perhaps even buying a few special lures for the occasion to try and go out with a bang.... So any potential for the reef to become fishable?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Robert,
All depends on the location, the water over high can clear as fast as 3-4 days(cloudy but 6'+ visability), but in the majority of locations you are looking at at least 5 days, for just cloudy and a week+ for crystal clear.
But the shingle beaches will be getting clear in 2/3 days and there are alot of bass being caught there at the moment.

Fishable is a relative term, As soon as the swell dies off then I would concider it fishable, large patchinko, Duo DC12, Duo SLD-F and most jointed/rattling lures worth a go. As would be a slow worked X-Slayer given Andrew Walkers success on the reef this year.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Dave, So you think they'll be a chance of fishing from Tuesday onwards? most the bass I've seen reported have come from over Littlehampton way, although I wouldn't mind betting that some nice ones have come from the harbour area too. I've already got myself a nice little sinking Nabarone which looks the mutts nuts also picked up the white Feed Shallow and a couple of Zonks... Happiness is a man with sinking plugs!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Dead wrong on the harbour Mate- Totally empty-lots of little whiting livebaits going unmunched. The beaches is were it has been at, spoke to a mate who fished last night Kemptown area, he had an 8 and two more over 5. To whole unwashed squid.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice... Nice to know there are still some locally. If the weather holds out for next weekend I'll be out for a night time plug as the other half is out on the lash and I can do a sneaky one.. :)
I wouldn't even know where to start plugging from an open beach.... Prob just stick to where I know and chance it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts