The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i'm 29 years young today and the people who usually give me socks and shower gel have clubed together and give me £60 quid to spend on fishing gear.I am a fan of shallow divers and have recently bought feed shallow in mullet,Duo terrif in ayu,Duo sld 145 in sardine and xlayers in french sandeel and ayu oh and a patchinko in nacre so thought my lure buying was done for now but this money is burning hole in my pocket so suggestions please guys.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Alright guys i'm 29 years young today and the people who usually give me socks and shower gel have clubed together and give me £60 quid to spend on fishing gear.I am a fan of shallow divers and have recently bought feed shallow in mullet,Duo terrif in ayu,Duo sld 145 in sardine and xlayers in french sandeel and ayu oh and a patchinko in nacre so thought my lure buying was done for now but this money is burning hole in my pocket so suggestions please guys.
Z Claw in Pink & White, Zonk and Tide Minnow

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heard plenty about the zonk and it is a contender dont know much about the z claw other than it been a topwater the only other experience i've had with walkers or sliders which the z claw looks like was a sammy 115 which i struggle to get to walk the dog but i am a relative novice ( 18 months ) at plugging how hard are the z claws to work.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
heard plenty about the zonk and it is a contender dont know much about the z claw other than it been a topwater the only other experience i've had with walkers or sliders which the z claw looks like was a sammy 115 which i struggle to get to walk the dog but i am a relative novice ( 18 months ) at plugging how hard are the z claws to work.
I am also a novice Keith, but try Slow walk the Dog, if you reel it faster it will go just under the surface, Cracking casting lure as well !

ps. sorry about the small pics.

Reactions: keith Ogden

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am also a novice Keith, but try Slow walk the Dog, if you reel it faster it will go just under the surface, Cracking casting lure as well !

ps. sorry about the small pics.
Thanks steve pics are great mate cheers if a fellow novice hhas good things to say about it then that gives me confidence ,thanks mate.What do you think of the zonk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks steve pics are great mate cheers if a fellow novice hhas good things to say about it then that gives me confidence ,thanks mate.What do you think of the zonk
Thanks Bob for the input going to get one sounds quite versatile .Cheers. Harold thanks for the pic that is a sexy looking lure something more natural for the fish but that picture sure caught me .Cheers.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
A little more natural coloured-works for me

Just ordered one in 500GP as well. Caught Bass and Mackerel on the Z claw, Forgive me Bob, but I prefer it to the Patchinko!!

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I used the Zonk for a while when out on Sunday, excellent casting lure and looks as if it dives very deep, I could feel it shaking or vibrating on the retrieve so this MUST attract fish, I think it is going to work well this season.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
**** is the Mullet coloured one a rattler or not??
and what about the pink/white and 500GP rattles??
Must think more before buying (HMMMMmmmm SHINEY)

Oh and Bob, I never underestimate the Patchinko, there is a nice new one winging it's way to me right now. Nothing gets them off the end of the local reef, like a slow worked Patchinko at distance (need the smiling devil symbol)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used the Zonk for a while when out on Sunday, excellent casting lure and looks as if it dives very deep, I could feel it shaking or vibrating on the retrieve so this MUST attract fish, I think it is going to work well this season.
Deep divers are no good for me really this year got three marks on the lleyn picked out two are quite shallow and the other is weedlees sps only i rekon .Just gonna stick to these marks and pick up the knowledge .He who tries every orchard never tastes the best apple and all that.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cheers mark gone with a z-claw pink and white a patchinko in silver black and a feed shallow in sardine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts