Spiderwire Stealth 8 Braid | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Spiderwire Stealth 8 Braid

Discussion in 'Lines' started by {name}, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Minnow

Just loading up a spool of the new Spiderwire Stealth 8 braid in 20lb. About halfway into the spool I felt a bump run through my fingers. On checking I found a hard blob of glue like stuff. Tried to peel it off but the braid seemed to unravel around it. Won't be buying again. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 6
  2. Pollock

Money back?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Salmon

That's crap....

4. Striper

Not good.

i'm a fan of the spiderwire stealth 4 strand but haven't tried the 8 yet.

you should be able to take it back and get a new spool. I'm sure it'll be a 1 off manufacturing error.

5. Minnow

Looks like two production runs being spliced together. I'm in the market for some new braid - how does it compare to say J-braid or Castaway please?

6. Minnow

Have sent back for replacement. Hoping i was just unlucky with a one off faulty spool. Apart from that I was very impressed. If it gets resolved I think I might actually prefer it to J braid. Not quite as smooth but feels a little tougher. Slightly thicker for b/s which might just mean it is more realistic. see how it works out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wrasse

Spot on with your comment about the j braid ratings. I have a spool of USA rated 15lb and it's the same stuff they market as 29lb here. Same story as with the old power pro etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Guest

i have 4 spools loaded with smooth 8 , 2 with 20lb and 2 with 26lb (could be 28 , cant quite remember ) and cant fault it . Loads and casts well ,takes an fc knot and doesent break easily when snagged . used the 20lb most of the time ,about 15 times and will buy again .

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1