The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying one of these reels out on the bass and the river and i must say i am really impressed with it. It comes in the 4011 size only and has a 4 year warranty on the internal gear provided the waterproof seal hasn't been broken, Which is one hell of a warranty. the price is £99.99 yes you did read right and believe me this reel should be £200 but im not complaining. It is brought to the uk by Italia Fishing U.K the spec is as follows
The Alcedo Aluminium Pro Spinning Reel with 4 year warranty on gears.

The famous Italian Alcedo brand has made the most modern of reels with a small body and large rotor and spool featuring 10 BB and infinite anti reverse.

All the main bearings are fully sealed and waterproofed

,PERFECT FOR KAYAK FISHING WHEN YOUR REEL IS TAKING ON SALT WATER

The most sophisticated Alcedo technology has been used .

A new type of Aluminium body.

Advanced ZMK gears,2 times as hard as normal ones and a revolutionary soft touch feel ,making the reel warm to the touch.

SDP gears for enhanced smoothness and power

Quick release front spool with aluminium/titanium spare

Sealed waterproof body

Soft touch body

A top class multidisk front drag and shock resistant bail wire

ALCEDO-AluminumPro3.jpg

its worth every penny just for the warranty alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Dave,
How about a little more detail, capacity, weight, line retrieve per turn of the handle.
And what is the detail of that warranty- straight replacement if faulty within four years, as long as you don't open the body?? What happens if someone just doesn't bother to clean it?? Still covered??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
code item ball bearing qty line 1 spool mm/m line2 spool mm/m gearing line recovery rate weight
aluminium pro pro 10 .20/290 .25/200 5.1:1 80cm 250

Dave i think its straight replacement within 4 years provided the 2 seals havent been broken, the 4 year warranty is on the internal gears, i will double check and post the answers

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
I have a couple of their reels that are really good value.

They make some good reasonably priced lures as well.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Just had a look at the catalog some nice looking stuff. Would nice to find out what sort of prices some of there kit is...

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
This does all sound very interesting.
I had never heard of these but they look great for the money.................

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought an Alcedo Green Line speed jigging rod after a very good write up by a guy who fishes Cuba a lot.

Seems very good value, but only fought my son with it in the lounge so far!

·
Registered
323 Posts
some off our sites here have a commercial section -retatalers as well they can post up bargins new stuff give members discounts as long as they are sponsers of that site that way every one wins. just a thought

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
some off our sites here have a commercial section -retatalers as well they can post up bargins new stuff give members discounts as long as they are sponsers of that site that way every one wins. just a thought
Peter that is a good idea and something the admin on here has been considering recently. As for the reel, sounds good, it would be nice to hear from someone once they have had it a while.

·
Registered
323 Posts
as to the reel we would like to get hold of one so we can pull it apart and see future problems ? at 250grms it is just in for bream but size is a concern is it a 1500
2000 or up around 4000 wich is way to big for bream but would be intrested for genral fishing

·
Registered
144 Posts
Think you will find that this is a freshwater reel and the 4 year guarantee is for fresh water use only. They do a sea reel - ALUSPIN?? - but this one doesn't come with a guarantee.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Great reels, all the lads here have them. They are soooooo smooth it's ridiculous. Alcedo very long established company, you can buy antiques reels from Alcedo!
The boys have had no problems so far, will have to let them know about the warranty though, they think it's for saltwater too! P.s the guys here fish most days

·
Registered
45 Posts
Had a choice of the Alcedo but chose an Abu Soron instead wish I'd gone for one of these now if I'm honest read a lot of reports seem very good!! Happy with the abu good reel but don't think it will last.........

·
Registered
144 Posts
I see they do these in 4011 and 5011 sizes - Anyone have any idea how these compare with Shimano sizes?
They do seem to get a good press.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts