The Lure Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is coming, every day a little closer, the daffs are starting to rise, some flowers are starting to peek out, the garfish and mackerel are only weeks away, bring it onnnnnnnnnnnn. I love that spring morning, early season, sunny but still nippy, flick out a lure and take a deep breath, roll on the summer guys.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I cant bloody wait. I was just saying to the misses earlier that these weekends when i dont do so much fishing feel like a waste. Nothing like driving to my fav spots just before dawn !!! Love it love it love it !!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Properly feeling it here too! Although having all that blimmin snow not so long ago probably makes it feel like more of a contrast than it really is. Soon as those daffs are starting to open in the garden, I'll be happy!! :-D

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Still got little piles of snow here - it was so deep, and it's remained so cold, that not even the rain has washed it all away. Still - i'll be looking for those Daffs . . . . although i suspect they'll be a few weeks yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
First light and Last light on a perfect spring morning, the smell of the sea when it begins to warm......perfect

Not long now, saw some snowdrops in our neighbours garden today.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Spring is on the way in Jersey **** but not in Yorkshire,more heavy snow forecast for the middle of the week so it will be back to ice picks to chip a hole in the frozen North Sea and try a bit of drop shotting or vertical jigging.Just can't get rid of those polar bears and icebergs.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
yep ive deffo seen a difference chaps.i pick the kids up from after school club at 5.30 every week day..in the dark but hey it was light last week..get in.cant wait for the first smell of cut grass.lets hope its mild from now on into the season.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spring is on the way in Jersey **** but not in Yorkshire,more heavy snow forecast for the middle of the week so it will be back to ice picks to chip a hole in the frozen North Sea and try a bit of drop shotting or vertical jigging.Just can't get rid of those polar bears and icebergs.
Andy mate welcome to the forum, good to have you onboard bud. Ah beleive me spring is not far away, its happening, watch you will wake up one morning and it'll be gorgeous. mmm but you are in Yorkshire, your summer is about 5 hours long up there eh.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Buds on the trees here, but god does feel like time is slowing down. Meant to get cold again towards the end of the week, but a few more weeks and I will be out loads. great to see Bass being caught down in the west country. Nice to know they aren't far away. Top effort by Marq and that is the second he has had.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cheers **** I am very impressed with the forum some cracking posts,5hrs usually includes our "Indian Summer" too!Can't wait for those balmy summer nights when Al Patchinko and me go out and wreak havoc amongst those bars of silver.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hope to get over September some time if thats ok,hopefully with some tales of those big Scottish bass after an August assault up there (you saw last years best 13lb plus)

·
Banned
792 Posts
aahhhrgl, here its just getting colder the next days. WEdnesday they have fortold us -10°C at daytime! And even worse, they have forcast this till beginning of april!!! Cause the winds are staying east / north east.

Greetings from moscow.
Thomas

·
Registered
779 Posts
aahhhrgl, here its just getting colder the next days. WEdnesday they have fortold us -10°C at daytime! And even worse, they have forcast this till beginning of april!!! Cause the winds are staying east / north east.

Greetings from moscow.
Thomas
well you enjoy the weather up north - I will be heading off to warmer places (the UK lol) in April (bassing not ice fishing that is ;) )

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I would have believed you on Saturday as it was lovely down here and we are starting to think about sowing seeds and getting the polytunnel up and running. Not now though - yesterday and today it's perishing and will be all week. ****, good luck over in the CI, but at least another week's winter for us. Hopefully after such a cold winter we can get a good warm Spring and early Summer - I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Bring it on! I surfed yesterday and the water/wind was the coldest i can remember in the last three years surfing winters.

That being said another few weeks and the clocks change and its all go from there!!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would have believed you on Saturday as it was lovely down here and we are starting to think about sowing seeds and getting the polytunnel up and running. Not now though - yesterday and today it's perishing and will be all week. ****, good luck over in the CI, but at least another week's winter for us. Hopefully after such a cold winter we can get a good warm Spring and early Summer - I can't wait!
Thought it was spring on Friday, i was down to a tee shirt, but today it's cold enough to freeze your gonads clean off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts