The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
It's been a long cold Winter eh Bob ???

I caught a bit of sun on the old baldy-bits earlier !!!

Bring it on !!!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Your right there Simon , boat done out tomorrow going to kick some wrasse !!!!!!!!
Good luck with the trip Bob, we are also enjoying some nice spring sunshine, cold spell forecast for the end of next week, but that should be the last one until next winter, lets hope the water starts to warm up and we will then see lots of catch reports posted !

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I might see you out there Bob if you are heading west. I'm taking a mate out on the first trip of the year after some mackerel for an hour or two. Might call in on some wrasse holes on the way.....

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might see you out there Bob if you are heading west. I'm taking a mate out on the first trip of the year after some mackerel for an hour or two. Might call in on some wrasse holes on the way.....
Paul , we got to do a quick wash and bleach first , then i think we will have a look at some of the usual haunts east , see what the morning brings

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Bob I was out all day today on the boat and caught plenty of snipe and makeral, all for turbot bait tomorrow. Its such a good feeling being out and afloat. Tried the gutters on the flood but not a flash of silver. oh well not long as you say and at least i have a chance of dragging a turbut up from the deep tomorrow.

·
Registered
324 Posts
thanks Bob, the long banks is where we're heading and its going to be a 6:00 start tomorrow. Really looking forward to it as have never fished for turbot so hoping for turbot and chips for supper, ooh onion gravy as well.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Paul , we got to do a quick wash and bleach first , then i think we will have a look at some of the usual haunts east , see what the morning brings
Have a good one Bob. I heard there were a few bits and pieces coming up today out that way.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Bob, Swallows have been here for a week or so now and very warm so roll on the bass. We moved a few today but yet to get that first one on the beach....

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Bob, where you been? They have been counting the Swallows in for 3 weeks or so now! Best seasonal indication is that the skirts that the birds wear are edging upwards. I am not talking about terns either.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well here in jersey spring has truely arrived .... The sightings of the first Swallows at the harbour today , the early species are showing
Garfish , Mackeral , bring it on Bass next
The same here Bob,

Nice sunny wether in Holland for now.
The water temperature is abought 8,5 degrees C now, but no sign of bass overhere.
Hope the will be there in a few weeks, normaly we need at least 11 or 12 degrees C (water)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts