The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has dyed their SP's to change their colour???
If you have was it successful, and what did you use?? I was thinking of food colouring as the colours are strong and might be absorbed somewhat by the SP's.

Any pointers or advise welcomed

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
They will take colour from each other if you sit them together so some strategically placed ones might work. find it easier to just pour my own how i want them.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I watched Luke and Adam do this when they were in Jersey. I think Si said to them, "what you doing that for, that one up shad works fine in that colour as it is." However since then I have tried it a couple of times and I put some silver one up shads in against my purple DOAs and they work, but then again so do silver one up shads and purple DOAs just the way they are out the pack lol

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Guys,
Will give it a try, Should find out if anything melts anything else at the same time!!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Ritchie is right. Megabass VIOS lures are biodegradable and are very unstable unless kept in their original packaging.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the warning Guys, that could have been an expensive mistake.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Tim a few of us have them. I went for green as it is the colour of the hotspot on an Ayu XLayer and they seem to work OK? ;-)

Besides, pink? Harden up Ritche.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts