The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm staying at st minver holiday park not far from rock/padstow any ideas where i could go for a sneaky fish in the morning before the rest of the family get up?just to get a quick fix you know!
thanks for any advice
cheers

·
Registered
990 Posts
There is a reef to the left hand side of Polzeath, in front of the Mowhay cafe which is great on the drop, but over high it might be a bit tight with these springs we are on at present.

The right hand side, off the rocks and these can be fished bothways too. Polzeath is really close to you mate and is your best bet of some action :)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Definitely agree with Nath. Pop down to Polzeath and try either side. Park at either New Polzeath or Daymer Bay. If you make it over to Padstow let me know and we'll meet up somewhere.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks ever so much for the info chaps i'l have to cash in a fair few brownie points to get out i reckon
thanks again i'll head for Polzeath thanks for the offer ben i'll see if i can mate

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nathan, Ben thanks alot for your advice t got out on Saturday morning for a couple of hrs parked up on the beach at polzeath then realised that dogs aren't allowed on the beach (he's in the back) so i followed the road out of the town and found the Mowhay cafe and a sign saying public foot path ah ha, i made my way down the path coming out around ta load of gardens but couldn't get down to the beach so went back to the car and drove down a road towards the sea to end up at daymer bay dogs welcome nice one!
i made my way along the beach towards polzeath by now i'm running out of time you know how it is around each corner it looks nicer so time is ticking on now so i had a few cast around with my mag popper(i will get one one the top one day) after a while changed to a maria chase had a follow right up to my feet which i've never seen before give me loads of confidence but it was time to go
i did return on Sunday morning for another go but no joy
thanks to you both for putting me onto such a nice spot which i'll definitely return to in the future

1 - 6 of 6 Posts