The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm off out later this evening for my first session on an open beach and just wondered if i should up my lure size.
Until now i've always fished estuaries, harbours etc.
My favourite lures are patchinko 100, yo zuri mag popper 10cm in mullet colour.

My question is do i continue as normal or would i benefit from increasing to my larger size poppers. 14cm yo zuri mag, chug bugs etc.

I dont fish diving lures so it is surface only advice i'm after.

My original plan is to fish as i have been and then switch around and see if i get any interest.
The wind at the moment is off shore 15mph but should go down to 6mph while i'm fishing. I know the area holds bass as i catch them on bait there. This time though i'll be concentrating on the rocky groynes unless there is some sort of bait fish, bird action.

Thanks in advance

Mike

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I would fish a full sized Patchinko or Rattling Z Claw untill the sea settled a little (so maybe try a larger chug bug/larger mag popper both worked WTD rather than just popped), then switch to smaller surface lures if the sea settles.
Your lucky with the wind, here in Brighton it is still firmly onshore 10-14mph, good luck just after a good blow is a favourate time of mine to plug.
Good Luck-grab some pictures of your captures.
Tight lines

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i did catch just the one that evening, the wind never eased so i moved to my normal areas out of the wind.
I won't put the pic up as it was only about 6-8 inches long but at least it saved a blank

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Well done on beating the wind and the blank. Sometimes even the small bass can be a welcome sight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts