The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read this whole section with interest and whilst I admire your application, preparation and results I have to say that on a personal level I think you are all bleedin' bonkers... this is a mix of SOE etc etc... and its obviously in the genes on Jersey ;) A case of rather you than me...

All I can say is, you all must have big Kahunas - Respect :D

David

PS I still can't believe what I've just read!

·
Registered
519 Posts
david,

nothing mental about it at all mate,

it's all about pushing the boundaries further and further to keep the excitement there when fishing becomes to easy or boring, so drifting in and out of the gutters in an average 2-4 knot current in the dark keeps that buzz there, hooking into 5 lb + fish is a real bonus as you start getting towed around by these guy's.

contray to what most asume,

you don't just chuck yourself in the drink,

it's all timed to allow you to use the least amount of effort,

you walk down the beach, get in the current, let this take you out and fish as you go, once the current eases or stops, fin yourself into position to get the current to bring you straight back up the beach at a predetermined place.

all the routes we do have been mapped and done for many years by us and some very experianced spear fishermen of which one has shown us a good deal of routes that can cover any where from 3 - 5 miles approx round trip, depending on where we go some require a little more effort than others,

hopefully most of the risks have been taken out of the equation, but as with all sports there's always some risk invovled.

all the best

kev

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was said slightly tongue in cheek... something I wouldn't do BUT reading the reports it is obviously an art form and something that you all prepare well for...

Fair play to you all... interesting reading.

David

·
Registered
40 Posts
Skishing may be bonkers in some peoples eyes, it is in mine, but what about the angler who scramblers down a 100ft of rope in the dead of night to fish a mark with a big swell running.

In my opinion most anglers I know are mad in one way or another

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
It might be perceived as dangerous and out there by some but....

Like most extreme sports, practiced properly, they have incredible safety records relative to the activity.

We've expanded our skish range by 60 or 70% this season and the safety expands with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts