The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reflections:

I thought I might have "a problem".......:shock:

But with "only" a modest "two shelves" of Lures/Spinners.....when I look around here....I can see that I really don't have a problem, not at all!....there are folks who probably have no idea how many they have....thing is....can you ever have "enough"? Every new toy seems like a "must have".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transitions:

As a dedicated Bass Angler.....I can see that some Bass lures should make the transition to
Pike hunting fairly well. Two that come to mind, that should work are.
1. The JTS
2. The Sammy.
That's if you can stand the thought of "Crocodile" teeth gouges over your bright and shiney' little toys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agonizes''

But......if you could ONLY have 4 Lures for each species, (daunting thought) just what could calm' the alarm bells of the "worried" individual with a Lure rod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bass.

1. Feedshallow.
2. Sammy.
3. Maria Chase BW.
4. MegaBass 120 Zonk Gataride

Pike.

1. The Dawg.
2. Salmo Jerkbait.
3. Weedless Spoon.
4. Rubber Shad Spinner.

Paranoid....no. Problem......maybe.

:wink:

"A"

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
As a dedicated Bass Angler.....I can see that some Bass lures should make the transition to
Pike hunting fairly well. Two that come to mind, that should work are.
1. The JTS
2. The Sammy.
That's if you can stand the thought of "Crocodile" teeth gouges over your bright and shiney' little toys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan,

Two others to add to your list are, Z-Claws in Gold and the Pink Lady, both have caught Pike for me recently. As for the Teeth marks, treat them as battle scars, they give the lure street cred :wink:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Just wait til it really kicks in Alan - you'll be looking back and wishing you still only had 2 shelves worth!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I keep finding reel boxes hidden away, that I think are empty, but are stuffed with various lures that I have forgotten about, decent ones too. I just cannot bring myself to part with any. I need to get myself a son I think, then I can pass them down.

I'd love to get a proper storage system in which I can put all my bits, but am making do with a huge plastic box, with lots of little boxes, and drawers etc with random ones dropped in.

Its not nice reaching into your bedside drawer for something and coming out attached to a jointed thunderstick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts