The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a poor forecast (which turned out to be 100% correct) we decided on what we thought would be the only mark fishable on the S Pembs coast in these conditions. We used much of the low water period to explore some new areas but water clarity and the rough conditions made much of it unfishable for today. We tried hard but without much faith and were ready to call it quits after George lost a much loved Flash Minnow to a kelp stalk.
Blow me down if a liitle schoolie didn't surprise me as we fished back towards the car. Hit the Maria Chase BW really hard and scrapped above his size. I spooked a much better fish wading between reefs which encouraged us to stay just a little longer. I hooked another scrappy little schoolie and before I had unhooked it, George had a little fellow himself. Whilst none of these fish were of any size, it does mean we have caught on our last five trips and have caught at three marks new to us this season. Steady progress until we really unlock the secret for this season...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Consistency is the name of the game Tim and at the moment you are consistent, well done to you and George !

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
You two are off to a fabulous start this season, with great consistency. :clap: Well done both :D

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We waited until the worst of the weather had passed Gwyn and fished after lunch. It even brightened up late in the afternoon but by then the seas had built to be pretty lively. Still, it's another mark under our belt. We'll back sometime to find some bigger ones....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts