The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days have seen clearer sea's and lower swells.

We had a few good Rockfish yesterday between Kev and myself. Fish of around the 4 -- 4.5lb mark with a sprinkling of smaller fish but, loads of bites on various methods. I blogged it on JBG if anyone wants to read it...

Today, I met Dave and got stuck in with a few methods that i've been trying of late and working with techniques that differ from Ebb to Flood.

By the time dave left i'd had about 7 or 8 Wrasse and bites were just picking up again...

Tactics changed, fish MUCH closer in than usual, 4 rod lengths MAX range.
IN the boulders and tier fields where the rock pools are like multi storey car parks...

I had another 20 or so fish by the end of the session. Bites were thick and fast because I'd focused on a method.

Then....

WHAM !....

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

Drag is running, ESGII is doubled and, i'm getting pulled of the boulders I'm perched on.

After a great battle....

I thought I'd popped young Luke's bubble but alas, just short. Only just though.

Sadly, I lost another after it threaded me through the boulders and I'd say, from the fight and felt weight it was of similar size so....

it might just have done him...

Still time...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Beast of a Wrasse there Keith. Can imagine it wanting to kick your arse!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh so close !!! I'll let Wrasswalker know he's in deep trouble in this comp !!!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
based on what is happening....

Is Luke safe ?

I'll still be trying.

Thanks for the comments too guys, appreciate them.

So, forget the cold, just pick low ground swell area's and choose really, really gnarly ground and throw them lures.
These fish, though it will slow up, will respond ALL winter.

I think too, based upon the number of guys now HRF'ing, something special is just around the corner. It's just a gut feeling.

Just imagine a 8, or a 9 HRF.
God help whoever hooks it but that really would land HRF firmly on the planet.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fair play Keith thats nice big chunky wrasse, bet was a rough ride over that ground, bit bigger than the tiddlers you caught before I left - I always leave at the wrong time tho but I was allready hour late for work tho!

Nice to see you put them tips I gave you to good use, and for me to step back and let you take some shine for a change - hahahaha ;-)

On the level tho, the more tips you gave me today are more food for thought, just need to put them into practice, I say and think the right things when asked what I think should be doing just I'm not always doing them when I should be - time to sharpen up a bit!

Well done again m8

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Cracking fish Keith..........

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Is it just me, or are all the really big ones that colour :?:
I think it's the ground they are on Si. It is very similar in respect of a lot of the bigger fish caught year.

A more classic colour is a darker back with red and white spotted belly. But I have also seen bright green fish weighed at over 7.8.

I think Carl or Dave said on our bumble last weekend, the great thing about wrasse is that they are all different colours. I had a small one a fortnight ago that was a grey/cream and white colour with an irredescent purple sheen on it's underside. Maybe a fish that has grown up around concrete in a harbour? Who knows. Would have looked absolutely stunning at 8.8 though!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts