The Lure Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out last evening with my bait fishing buddy from 8-30pm until 11pm. He fished Peeler whilst I had a go with the surface lures & then soft plastics. We fished in to darkness, not a sniff between us although Dave had a rattle on the bait rod second cast but it amounted to nothing.
The sea is only still 8C to 9C here & with winds which have had a combination of North or East in them for the last few months no wonder Mr. Bass hasn't come close inshore yet.
Last years fishing log shows bass catches improving from the end of May right through until the end of December. My first was on a fly last year, so maybe the fly rod will have to get an outing.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Hard luck on that Nigel. It's been tough down here too, I've decided blanks are not getting a report now! It was the same last year, we had loads of callig through the winter, then it got really hard through April and May. Soon though eh?

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim if we don't report blanks the guys on here will think that all we do is view internet fishing forums :wink: :wink:
Plus I have to go out to justify buying more tackle & lures that might aid me in catching some fish, because my present stuff isn't working :wink:
Interestingly I was fishing in Wales just over two weeks ago & the sea temperature there was 11C to 12C & we caught some bass.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Tim if we don't report blanks the guys on here will think that all we do is view internet fishing forums :wink: :wink:
Plus I have to go out to justify buying more tackle & lures that might aid me in catching some fish, because my present stuff isn't working :wink:
Interestingly I was fishing in Wales just over two weeks ago & the sea temperature there was 11C to 12C & we caught some bass.
fair enough, I'll do a report on my blank tomorrow!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts