The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Well last night was about the most fun fishing I have done so far, the wind had died down so it was fairly pleasant too.

In the first 2 hours I succeeded in losing the only fish that even bothered to bite. It dropped off right at my feet not sure why. I decided to change spots and boy did that prove worthwhile.

Started on the lower level at BN before climbing onto the top. Again the sluggo came up trumps but it took a few a tweak to really get it working.

First fish caught was this tiny pollack on a 7g size 1/0 Jig my now conventional setup for a sluggo

Then I missed a few bites so tried some smaller lures but the water was a long way away so I could not really get a feel for what was happening. After much mucking about with no fish and I could actually see them right under my feet I tweaked a sluggo. What I did was take a sluggo on a 3.5g jig with a size2 tie a normal Improved clinch knot ensuring a long tag end. Then I attached a size 10 hook to the tag end(which was too long but it was late and dark and it worked) and just inserted that into the tail section of the sluggo see below. The three fish below where all hooked on the second hook.

And the results, very small fish, but on a UL rod with a water a long way down it was an absolute hoot.

This last one put a bend in the rod as I winched it up the wall ;-)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could see the fish just sitting there waiting to be caught but it proved tricky to get the right combination I was having a ball. I was actually sad to stop at 2:30 I am on holiday but I had to have some sense ;-)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Brilliant! Well done that man!!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Good report and pics Jeremy, very interesting with your change of tactics and how you rigged the Sluggo !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts