The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if you've been following the 'make your own lures' thread, but I have and I did!
The results are as follows.
Action of lures - exactly as the originals.
Durability - exactly as the originals.
Satisfaction of performance - Double of the originals!!!!

In the Yak for 2 hours today, 6 bass, endless pollack, great fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Excellent work Dicky :clap:. Very satisfying indeed to capture some fish on your own creations !!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sounds like a good session Dick. I'm afraid going on a Yak is too much like exercise to me so i will stay a land lubber with the occasional charter trip ;-)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Got to agree with Mark, am very tempted to try this myself...Well done Dicky..

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Great stuff Dicky, nice fish :p any chance of some close ups of the lures :?:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here you go Steve, I call them Smithori Shads!

And Tim, what I choose to wear in the privacy of my own, errr, yak is nothing to do with you ;0)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
They look stunning Dicky, I would buy them :-D

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

Brilliant Si....Only one person worse...ahem I wonder who that is....

·
Registered
297 Posts
Cool
well done that man!

Nick

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Nice one Dicky. My Silicone is already on the way, as is some plastic stuff from brico!!

I love making what I can and you made it sound possible on the other thread and then proved it with results. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Now im dying to try nicks homw made ones.......on holidays until tuesday will try them first thing wednesday morning brilliant fishing :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brilliant thread that is going to be responsible for me spending more money over the winter.
Fair play m8. Point proven I think.
Yep Keith, Anselmo's post has opened up a whole can of worms to the tinkering angler.

I'm playing with melting down old SPs in colours that I havent got ( I knew all those Harris Angling worms would come good).
Now I've got some Smithori shads with purple backs, orange backs, clear glitter bellys, aniseed scent and rattles!

Really want to make my own original SP now.

Feel like I'm ripping off Xorus!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I was thinking of hybrids Dicky, like a zoom goby with a DOA Shad tail or or a DOA with a whip tail sort of thing. Sticky tape them together for the mould. OK, maybe not sticky tape but you know what I mean...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts