The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i thought last night the bass have to be somewhere, so i went to a mark that was producing fish until last week on a regular basis nothing happening. So i move off to the reefs as they are starting to flood.
This time with 2 head lights, well nothing then into the gullies and the small mullet are still showing so where the hell are the bass? Back to another mark around the corner and again nothinf it is like they have all gone this year?:shock:
Well in total bar smoke breaks i was stood in freezing cold water for 6 hours!:x and not a take, entire flask of coffee to try and keep me warm though then it started raining too could this night get any worse?
Cold , wet , blanked and ran out of coffee, would i do it again? YEO!!;-)

Still hunting where the fish have moved to have another try on tuesday i think though not holdng much hope maybe time to get LFR sorted for the winter.
Then i do have wrasse to target aswell that should keep me busy:shock:

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Respect!!! But totally barking, :wink: Mike, even I would have given up before then and I think I have totally lost the plot!

Top marks for effort and such a shame it wasnt rewarded. Nice one! :-D

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers fellas, i havent given up hope yet the old black book still have marks in it to attempt. Though piggy bashing on the weekend i think.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You nutter!!!

Heading out myself later trying for one last bass. They'll be there, but I expect numbers to be down a bit on a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It felt warm last night after a while, i expected them to be there they have been around all year good fish taken saturday night then nothing. Good luck for this afternoon mate.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Loads of effort there Mike, keep going :p

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers fella's, going out again tomorow on a local mark i havent fishing in 3 years for a shot if this blanks then that is a sure sign they have moved on for me so start collecting the LRF gear already figured what i need and not going to cost the earth like i need an excuse lol;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mike its worth a look at the east side of burgh island, there were fish there yesterday, reasonable surf running and smashing the water up.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Well done Stood in water for that long i am surprised that a boat didnt use you as a mooring he he Keep watching catch reports though Bass are back

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Funny you should say that, i hit a couple of marks today had a small schoolie out just over a pound if i am being kind, though a few bigger fish showing though just couldnt get a lure out to them though a buddy had 3 fish at 6am this morning in the same mark.
hitting the old marks this week thoughh i hae just sprang a leek in my waders so i have spent the day with soaking feet. though i am going to try and locate the neoprenes i stored for the winter shold keep me a little warmer and return to breathables in the spring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts