The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my sea gear off last nite ready for it to go into storage (in the garage) over winter as I'll be concentrating on the rivers and canals for the next 3-4 months. Normally I don't bother but having spent out on some more expensive gear this year, I thought i should at least wash it off before storing it.

what do you think about the spools? Will it be OK to leave them loaded with braid, or should I take the braid off? Up until this year most of my reels have either had plastic/carbon spools which dont rust but i've now got a couple of more expensive ones (rarenium for example) that maybe will corrode?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I never keep any rods or reels in the garage. Mine are always put away in the loft. Never had any problem with them in there. Safer too should the garage get broken into.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I washed my sea gear off last nite ready for it to go into storage (in the garage) over winter as I'll be concentrating on the rivers and canals for the next 3-4 months. Normally I don't bother but having spent out on some more expensive gear this year, I thought i should at least wash it off before storing it.

what do you think about the spools? Will it be OK to leave them loaded with braid, or should I take the braid off? Up until this year most of my reels have either had plastic/carbon spools which dont rust but i've now got a couple of more expensive ones (rarenium for example) that maybe will corrode?
:-o:-o:-othe team comp starts in a few weeks Adrian:-o:-o:-o and you won't be catching bass in the canal fella :???:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know, I know, but the chances of me catching a bass in winter are about the same as the aussies keeping the ashes (well until earlier today anyway)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts